100 replies to this topic

#91 sk8mom

sk8mom

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to get off cymbalta...I hope to find a way to do it as easy as possible and be able to help other people afterwards.

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:10 PM

i'm sure you will, stay strong, we can beat this!!! We have to...

Take Care

P.S. Have you and Hat heard of Dr Kelly Brogan ?  She a Hollistic Psychiatrist, I am reading her book Own your self, trying to get as much info as possible.

#92 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:22 PM

Thanks for the kind words - they are of real help today...

I have heard of the name, but did a quick search and spent a few minutes on a particular page which some very useful reading;

https://kellybroganm...ing-psych-meds/

#93 sk8mom

sk8mom

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to get off cymbalta...I hope to find a way to do it as easy as possible and be able to help other people afterwards.

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:40 PM

Yes I think so too… I have started her clean eating diet (November 30th), I was already gluten free (since 2008) which I am sure had a huge part in my major depression, now am also cutting out dairy I always had a sweet tooth but have cut sugar out since my first withdrawal symptoms (3 weeks ago), I am sticking to fruits, veggies, eggs, fish and good fats, no processed,,, hopefully this will help the process…

take care UIN

#94 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:26 PM

Well done you! Diet I am sure has a lot more to do with our wellbeing than many would know. I have been a vegetarian my whole life and haven't had caffiene for years... and probably 2 glasses of wine since the start of the year. I do consider myself to eat well, but I am sure there is more I could do, so would be interesting to hear how you get on with your new dietary path...

Have a good evening... time for my meditation and hopefully a decent sleepy-peepy...

#95 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:38 AM

sk8mom, I believe there is a section on her in the ebook as well.

#96 sk8mom

sk8mom

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:59 PM

Managed to get 6 hours of sleep last night (with zopiclone) but had a good day today, symptoms are just starting to appear a little now… hope youe are both doing well :)

#97 sk8mom

sk8mom

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:36 PM

this is hard,,.. although I woke up so happy that I managed to get almost 9 hrs of sleep last night (on 5mg of zopiclone), I felt off most of the day, almost like if I was drugged, felt weak until the afternoon, then started to get anxious :(  I got on the treadmill and did some brisk walking for 20-25 min to try and calm down, I am stating to feel a little better now, but wondering if this will ever go away :(

I have to remember that yesterday was a good day…

please send prayers my way, I need to get back to myself so I can take good care of my girls :(

hope you are all well  

#98 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 December 2019 - 06:32 PM

Prayers it is.

#99 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 December 2019 - 06:47 PM

https://www.ncbi.nlm.../pubmed/2230061

Daytime interdose anxiety noticed with blind-trial with Zopiclone users - 'nuff said.

The z-drug could well be causing you more anxiety. It is more than likely the reason for your feeling off and weak. Just like I was explaining in my REM sleep bit a few days ago. I am shocked it worked well for you before, but remember your brain chemistry has changed significantly since then, and it is perfectly plausible that what once worked will not longer work in the present. 

Don't like to be the bringer of bad news, but you need to know what these drugs are capable of - and in a lot of circumstances, people feel better knowing what is causing the issues.

All the same, prayers will be sent from over here too... 

#100 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 December 2019 - 05:19 PM

Agree 100%. They can cause hypersexuality. Sleep walking and even sleep driving. Not unusual to go over and knock on the neighbors door at 2 AM. Strange stuff.

#101 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 December 2019 - 05:22 PM

Hat paints quite a picture doesn't he?! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users