423 replies to this topic

#421 frog

frog

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:36 PM

Awesome about the final push - truly well done, but are you sure you want to go too far in with the next? Not even give yourself a small break? It is far from the ideal time at the moment and stresses will be high. Obviously you know best - and maybe the fact that you are still on the prop is stress in itself. We're all here for you regardless.

Hi IUN! I still popped in about once a day to read the posts but now that I'm spending less time on the bus I guess I was less active  :P

I definitely hear your concerns about doing a taper during this crazy time, but I think my adrenaline days are pretty much behind me so I don't think the prop is really providing any benefits anymore. On the other hand it's always possible that it's contributing to some of the lingering side effects: messing with my sleep or my stomach or my breathing, so I've been looking forward to ditching it to see if any of that stuff improves. Plus since prop doesn't have any effects on the brain I think it should be a pretty unmemorable taper :) Today is day 4, so far nothing much to report. 

Glad to hear about the sleep and the continuing waves. Still trying to keep the optimism alive as much as I can!

Hope you're getting through this ok. I know this is a lot to deal with when you don't have your normal activities to keep you busy. I'm lucky to still have work to occupy me and I'm finding other small ways to stay busy. I'm making my very first sourdough starter! Unfortunately so far unable to locate any bread flour so the actual bread may have to wait.... damn people and their panic purchasing!

#422 frog

frog

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:42 PM

It’s been interesting being on this journey at about the same pace.  To see where we were and where we are now about has tears in my eyes.  It seemed like it took forever and went really quick.  I still have a lot of issues, but I’m worlds better than I was and it sounds like you are too. We were both pretty scared, miserable and desperate.  I imagine soon we will really be doing well and I look forward to it.

I'm with you 100%. I feel like in the last weeks, even with last week being pretty terrible, I'm finally seeing how far I've come. I'm having a hard time fully remembering just how bad it was once, which is probably for the best anyway. But I remember hearing it could be 6-8 months and thinking there's NO WAY I will last that long, nope, never, I can't. And here I am 5 months later, still hanging on. I'm sad that I had to go through it, but proud of myself all the same (hope you are too!) and really grateful for my husband and my mom for seeing me through all those really dark times. 

There's definitely room for improvement still, and this whole pandemic lockdown is really testing me, but I feel like I'm at least... 80% of the way there. I'm so grateful for everyone on this forum for all the support, all the constant reassurance, and all the knowledge when no one else had any!!!

#423 Mxpro32

Mxpro32

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:06 PM

I'm having a hard time remembering how bad it was too. At least how bad it felt. I remember the language I used to describe it and I have a vague idea how completely overwhelmed and lost o was, but it's difficult to truly remember how it felt. That's probably for the best. As of now, it's hard for me to sort out what are lingering cymbalta withdrawal symptoms, what are symptoms of still being on klonopin, what are symptoms of tapering from klonopin, and how much is normal mental health stressors from the coronavirus. I'm doing pretty well overall, so I guess that doesn't matter either.

#424 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 4,480 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:25 PM

Frog....

I can see your point for getting the withdrawal underway. My only concerns is that the withdrawal can brings its own complications - even if they do relieve some that it could be giving. Viscous circle, but as you say, done slowly, it will be OK. Just go steady.

MX....

I really feel for you being at that 80% and getting hit by the virus stuff. I would have said I was around 90%, and it is very much testing me - today in particular. I hope I will get used to it and my anxiety will learn the new routine as it looks to be with us for a few weeks yet. 

We are all going to be in for a bit of a test with it I guess. I hope we all come out stronger as a result. Difficult for me to say that as I must admit I am on the fence as to whether I will get to the eye of this storm, or whether I will be left battling it for the duration. But I won't go down without a fight I can tell you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users