#31 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:
    Trying to get off of this poisonous drug. Need support and help!Down from 120mg to 7mg.
    Am currently taking 18 beads 2x per day. A split dose method. 4 am and 4 pm. Pausing to stabilize.

Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:58 PM

Thx guys. This sucks. My body and brain seems to be searching for something it needs right now...

Not sure what that is exactly.

I want to give myself the tools to come back from this.

i will def look at the book when I've calmed down.

#32 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:
    Trying to get off of this poisonous drug. Need support and help!Down from 120mg to 7mg.
    Am currently taking 18 beads 2x per day. A split dose method. 4 am and 4 pm. Pausing to stabilize.

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:14 PM

Do you know if norepinephrine is involved in appetite regulation? I am eating normally but feel still hungry.

#33 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:26 PM

Do you know if norepinephrine is involved in appetite regulation? I am eating normally but feel still hungry.

Indirectly - yes.

If there is too much np being produced, this will kick the adrenal glands into overdrive which will then in turn up the production of corsitol and this is all where your glucose production is required. 

An anxious or stressed person can use as much "fuel" from food by sitting still for 15 minutes as a "healthy" person going for a run for 15 minutes.Your brain is a essentially a muscle like any other. I get hungry whenever I have had a long skype session with my research supervisor as my brainium needs to be maxed out at all times!!

#34 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 January 2020 - 09:39 PM

This makes sense. So as we wean off of cymbalta, our bodies are making too much np?

#35 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 12 January 2020 - 09:42 PM

Too much, too little... it has to find the right amount you need. The Cymbalta took care of it - you take the cymbalta away and the brain has to learn all over again

#36 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 January 2020 - 09:49 PM

I am sorry I will look at the ebook... just for now can you tell me what does np manage exactly?

Also, since I have 35 more beads in total to wean from, I get to go through this 35 more times potentially. my first 2 recent reductions were smooth. Started at 19/19.

#37 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 January 2020 - 10:24 PM

I googled np and omg. I'm freaking out a little. need to calm down somehow.

#38 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 January 2020 - 11:07 PM

I don't know if anybody is listening rn, but I am feeling crisis like. I took an extra bead. So, 18 tonight total instead of the tapered down 17. Hopefully it will abate this panic and fear i feel. I also took a 1mg of xanax per usual pm to sleep. I shld calm down soon God willing.

#39 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 January 2020 - 09:16 AM

I am i the UK so this all happened around 4am! 

But yes, Xanax would have been the way to go by the sounds. I think you worked yourself up over the information that you Googled. We all do it...

Hoping you have a better day today.

#40 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 January 2020 - 10:36 AM

This tapering off feels so lengthy and daunting. I need to go slower with it. I feel disappointed.
Going to stabilize before starting again. Still shaky so to speak. Seeing trails and feel a little off yet. Ty for checking in iun. It was scary, but I lived through. Love to all.

#41 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 January 2020 - 11:08 AM

In addition to what IUN said about the hunger issue and np I would also mention that during periods of stress cortisol levels rise considerably and cause significant increase in appetite.

Yes, we all get frustrated by how slow a process this is. It will get there. Slow, slow and slower. Be sure you are good and stable before dropping or it will bite you hard.

#42 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:44 PM

Literally no one outside of us understands this. Family, doctors, friends. It is unbelievable except that I believe it because I am living it. It really messes with my mind though!

I think my 6 month timeline was too ambitious. Going to stay at each drop at least a week to 10 days. I have 36 drops to complete, as that is the number of beads I take per day, total. 18/18 split. I will of course play it by ear and maybe come spring and summer I can alter, but I am not interested in the type of bullshit I felt last night returning.

Thx for the ongoing support.

#43 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:32 PM

I'm totally with you Lovey. Started at 7 beads a few weeks ago, now at 4. I was at 7 beads for 2 months because I reinstated them after quitting cold turkey at 20mg. Thought I'd breeze right through this bit. I mean it's 7 measly beads. But Friday night and Saturday were ROUGH. I hadn't felt that much anxiety and frustration and sensitivity in a while now. I had a better day yesterday but I still felt very sensitive and I still feel sensitive today. The slightest stressful thought or worry and I feel it all start bubbling up. I'm taking at pause at 4 until I have a few easy days under my belt again and then I will resume. It stinks because I want to be done so badly. And I only have 4 more drops to go. But I made this mistake once before and it's ultimately better to go slow than risk setbacks. 

Cymbalta also seems like one of those drugs where its effects aren't necessarily linear. Meaning that some drops might make more of an impact than others, so I don't think it necessarily means that you will have to struggle 36 more times until you're done. I think some drops will be easier than others. 

Hang in there Lovey! I'm trying to do the same

#44 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:56 PM

Thanks frog! I'm in your corner too!

#45 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:33 PM

It is so bleak outside right now:( its difficult.

I am going to take one extra bead to get myself out of this hole. So for today 18/19. Tomorrow back to 18/18 until I really stabilize. I don't fully know if this is the best approach, adding back a bead, but I venture yes. Trusting my gut. Love all.

#46 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:11 PM

The extra bead is OK if things are that bad. It is just going back to where you were, so it will be fine. Just don't go anymore than that otherwise we are starting all over again. I really understand how tough this all is. We have seen so many on the forum in your case, and whilst you feel alone, you never will be. Even though Hat and myself are further along the road to recovery, we never forget what we have been through. If it wasn't that bad, we wouldn't be here doing what we do. Neither or us want to see anyone go through more suffering than they need.

I'll be here all evening if you need to rant my lovely...

#47 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:39 PM

Iun, thank you. Its just so crazy how these tiny little beads can have done SO MUCH DAMAGE!

Are you still weaning, i don't remember if I ever asked.

I took a nap today and had the day off. Did a few shops and I am very ill tempered around bustling activity. safely in for the night and will do some organizing and drawing maybe. I got file folders and labels so you know I mean business! Haha! Will try to take it easy....it is a challenge but will do....

#48 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:44 PM

God bless Lovely, be as kind to yourself as you can. It will get there.

#49 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 January 2020 - 06:16 PM

No I've been off Cymbalta for a over a year now - still a few remnants of its presence such as twitches and spasms that are still yet to go, but they are getting better. As Hat said, it can take 2 years for elements of the grey matter to fully recover.

I wanted to get on with some art tonight having had it inspired in me from your message, but still too much to do at the moment with emails and study.

I well remember the hussle you speak of. I remember when I was at the pharmacy and they had told me on the phone they had my meds ready - I fought the town and my anxiety to get there only to find they hadn't. There was a problem with the instructions and they had to consult my doctor. I went sparco at them. The wife was the same and she trashed a display of pain killers. Bad times unfortunately - but we live through them...

#50 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 January 2020 - 11:07 PM

Thanks fellas:) I had a good day balanced with rest and organizing my home workspace. My mood seems to be balancing out. I don't want to throw the couch at the window lol!! Off to sleepyland now. Good night and good morrow!

#51 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:04 AM

I don't want to throw the couch at the window lol!!

Woh! That really was rage :)

Super H!!

#52 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:36 AM

I know that feeling!!  I once felt like that and instead grabbed a 16 lb mall and pounded the ground with it until I ran out of energy.

#53 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:48 PM

Fh 16 pound ball i think right? Like a bowling ball? Or mallet? Lol I'm fishing for ideas here....

I had a intense and focused therapy session today and did writing/art therapy exercises at home following which were very beneficial. As you can imagine I am exhausted. i had a pull myself together to go teach an art class tonight. It actually benefited me a great deal as I was quite full of unpleasant feelings, as you can imagine. Its critical work getting this anger and rage out on paper. I am simultaneously writing out the me I want to be. Free, balanced, safe, empowered,etc.

Love to all!!

#54 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:38 PM

Well done for teaching the class! That would have been a real test of nerves and patience.

I have always found it good to get things down on paper too. 

#55 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:47 PM

Thank you iun. It was a little at times but overall a positive and rewarding experience tonight.

Its really uncomfortable to say the very least about confronting the years of abuse and traumas that got me into a depressed state in the first place. I will give myself the time and space I need not to rush through it. As I am coming off these AD meds, I am faced with the feelings that were being suppressed. I am not at all depressed and am in coordination with my Doctor and therapist on it. It is a process and will take some time, and that is ok. Its just how it is. I'm still keeping family at an arms length (or several arm's lengths in fact). I am establishing my life on my terms. Bedtime now. Thanx all for checking in on me.

#56 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:15 AM

Can you post a link to the ebook please? I am ready to read it. Love.

#57 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:29 AM

Can you post a link to the ebook please? I am ready to read it. Love.

https://www.cymbalta...tion-the-ebook/

You can even type "Cymbalta eBook" into Google and we are the first result :)

#58 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:34 AM

I am establishing my life on my terms.

What wonderful words to hear someone say at a point such as yourself.

#59 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:29 AM

Thank you iun. Its an achy breaky process but I am ready. Slow and steady. Or as fh likes to say, slow and slower.

#60 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:56 AM

A sledge hammer in the USA is often referred to as a mall which is nothing but a heavy long handles mallet.

Nothing like fishing for ideas with fishinghat!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users