Photo

Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (Ces)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,135 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:52 AM

Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES)

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/28870799
J Pain Symptom Manage. 2018 Feb;55(2):198-206. doi: 10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2017.08.027. Epub 2017 Sep 21.
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation for the Management of Depression, Anxiety, Sleep Disturbance, and Pain in Patients With Advanced Cancer: A Preliminary Study.
Thirty-three of 36 patients (92%) completed the CES. Median (interquartile range) adherence CES use and satisfaction scores were 93% (89-100) and 10% (9-10), respectively, and the adherence criteria was met in the study. CES use was safe (no Grade 3 or higher adverse events). HADS anxiety (P < 0.001), HADS depression (P = 0.024), ESAS anxiety (P = 0.001), ESAS depression (P = 0.025), Brief Pain Inventory pain (P = 0.013), Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index daytime dysfunction (P = 0.002), and medication use (P = 0.006) scores improved after four-week CES treatment.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/23538086
Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2013 Mar;36(1):169-76. doi: 10.1016/j.psc.2013.01.006.
Cranial electrotherapy stimulation for treatment of anxiety, depression, and insomnia.
Abstract
Cranial electrotherapy stimulation is a prescriptive medical device that delivers a mild form of electrical stimulation to the brain for the treatment of anxiety, depression, and insomnia. It is supported by more than 40 years of research demonstrating its effectiveness in several mechanistic studies and greater than 100 clinical studies. Adverse effects are rare (<1%), mild, and self-limiting, consisting mainly of skin irritation under the electrodes and headaches. Often used as a stand-alone therapy, because results are usually seen from the first treatment, cranial electrotherapy stimulation may also be used as an adjunctive therapy.

Many other articles exist showing positive effects from this technique.

#2 Bent4Now

Bent4Now

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:55 PM

I've used Alpha Stim for a number of months (about 8mos) and I still have chronic insomnia and anxiety.  I tried various time settings and strengths but it has never cured me; I keep using it because I think it helps a little. I noticed a few times when I don't use it my shoulders feel more tense.  I will admit that I have come to the belief most of my problem is hormonal so perhaps that is why it hasn't helped me much.

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,135 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 January 2020 - 05:55 PM

That is a common problem for those using antidepressants. Have you had your testosterone and estrogen fractions checked lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users