#1 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 March 2020 - 03:54 PM

Dear All...

I am starting this area for anyone that wants to talk, discuss or need support for the corona virus. 

There have been talk of people wanting to discuss and the need to get things off their chest, whilst others would prefer not to hear another word about it. Therefore I have decided to put this area up just for that purpose, so if you have anything that you would like to say, please do so here and we can all pull together and help as best we can.

I will kick things off in saying that my mental health has taken a serious dive since Monday this week. Almost overnight my mood went south. My issue for those that do not know, is that my anxiety and stress if triggered by lack of control. As these circumstances are the embodiment of control being taken out of our hands, I am left with so many questions that just spin around in my head with no answers, which only sends me into a downward spiral.

As benzos and dramamine and my good old "special K" is of no help whatsoever, the only thing I have to help is frequent meditation; to do as best I can to reduce the impact of these seemingly neverending thoughts.

It is a very painful, anxious and stressful time for us all. I would like to offer whatever support I can to you all, as I can in my current vulnerable state.

God Bless

IUN

#2 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 March 2020 - 07:33 PM

Just for those that might like a well-sourced update of statistics, this is currently the best one I have found;

https://www.worldome...fo/coronavirus/

#3 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:56 AM

Another good tracker for those that prefer seeing map views;

https://www.msn.com/...p?ocid=eventhub

#4 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 March 2020 - 06:03 PM

That's it - Boris has all the UK sheep herded up in the pen. It's an agoraphobic's nirvana here.

Day 1 of 21 and counting - I might keep a log here to keep myself sane. 20 days 58 minutes 45 seconds to go.... 

#5 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:11 AM

Scrat, where did you get this info of 3weeks. I love it!

#6 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:44 AM

As of May I will have been in isolation for 5 years. Anyone want to try that?   lol

#7 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 March 2020 - 10:51 AM

As of May I will have been in isolation for 5 years. Anyone want to try that?   lol

It really brings it into perspective... and you my dear brother have been in my thoughts more so as a result of this. Here I am complaining over 3 weeks, and as you say, your servitude of solitude has been 86 times this length....

As I have said before, you are a real inspiration Hat. Bless you. 

• LDN likes this

#8 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 March 2020 - 10:55 AM

Scrat, where did you get this info of 3weeks. I love it!

The 3 weeks are in place because the UK is full of idiots. The prime minister told everyone to stay at home over the last week, but the public heard "its a lovely day, go outside and mix with all the population". He had no choice, and I stand by him in his decision. He made threats to the people if they didn't listen, and he carried it out. I respect that.

#9 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:10 PM

Thank you IUN. Indeed I must admit to an occasional bout of agitation and/or anger over the isolation but there is no body to blame. Life is a challenge.

#10 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:59 PM

Scrat, so you mean by the 3 weeks, confinement will end? Or what is it that I don't understand? We've been in confinement for a while now.

Expected a call from my doctor shortly to see what is done with that tumor. Confinement, I'm used to it, but this situation is quite hard to accept. Prayers for strength and hope that something will be done. Thank you so much!

#11 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 March 2020 - 03:26 PM

Day 2 of (possible) 21

Well Gailage, it has started out at 3 weeks, and then the figures will decide whether we can go back to work or not. So the prime minister has said it will start out as 3 weeks, but if after 3 weeks there are still people not giving distance to other people, and not being in crowds, then it will continue for another week, then another week... until it stops. But the UK is full of idiots who just do not care - look here;

https://www.bbc.co.u...kshire-52025918

Everyone told to stay at home, and here 20 people have a BBQ. These are people that do not have jobs, they do not care. For them, nothing changes. They get a welfare check - so why should they stay indoors and do what they are told? 

This is the problem for people like me who need to work and need the money. So the answer to your question is it just 3 weeks... my answer is, I doubt it. Probably more. But what can I do? Even my neighbour had workers doing work around his flat - this is not allowed, but he did it anyway. If he doesn't stop, I WILL call the police, but I will wait until Thursday when they will have penalties. But even then it will only be £30 - that is NOTHING! That still won't stop people.

Very angry and annoyed today.... and almost +1500 cases. Worst yet for the UK.

#12 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 March 2020 - 06:33 AM

Can you believe this? People like them don't know any better. Ignorant people that don't give a damn of the damage they could do! How insulting, so glad that the BBQ was dismantled.

Even people like Trump are so.... He is quite a piece of #$\@% saying that by Easter, people will start working, like a back to normal thing. All are against this, they say. I couldn't believe what I was reading. Lovage

#13 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:18 AM

Exactly the same here Gailage.

Boris Johnson said 3 weeks ago "we will NEVER close schools". 10 days later, all schools are closed.

Ignorance. It is why we have this problem. I'm tired. I'm scared. I want to go Home!!!

Lovage.

#14 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:59 AM

SCAREMONGERING IN ITALY

This is why we have to be careful with statistics. Italy are essentially allowing every death to be a statistic of the CV deaths. Whether the elderly die with or without the virus, because of the virus or not. It is estimated that a large number of those figures would have (unfortunately) been dead within days/weeks had they not have had the virus. It also notes that a number of the kits used to detect the CV would have picked up pneumonia as CV, thus adding to the statistics, thus not compensating for false positives.

In some respects this is good because it brings people into line - like the selfish British b$%tards. But for those suffering the mental health side, it is worth knowing this, hence my post.

For those that would like to know more, please read. If you are comforted by the above, this will calm you further - but bear in mind the emphasis is on the elderly being the most vulnerable.

Stay safe y'all

IUN

https://swprs.org/a-...or-on-covid-19/

#15 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:15 AM

A British citizen saying it like it is; 

"I was talking to a German friend who has lived in northern UK for years since she got married. Her main concern is for the mental well being of many people who will never adjust to the kind of isolation now imposed and that's one of my greatest worries too Even for myself I find it dreadful to see such a comparatively dead world out there with none of the normal day to day activities present.

Our leader should have a lot to answer for after this but of course they will protect themselves from any accountability for the needless hardship and misery they've caused and the sharp rise in suicides which I fully expect we will see soon."

That last sentence has really hit my sensitive spot.... because it is true.

Time for a short prayer for such soul I think.

#16 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 March 2020 - 02:24 PM

New found respect for Trump;

https://www.mercuryn...ds-of-suicides/

#17 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:56 PM

I know you're kidding, but please do not offer any respect to this bumbling buffoon. Even if he says these things, it's not because he cares. He's just trying to rile up his ass backwards voter base to demand to go back to work in a couple of weeks. This is the same man that wanted to strand a cruise ship off the coast of San Francisco here because allowing it to dock would mean the number of confirmed cases would go up... He's a total clown. I'm shocked that he hasn't managed to contract the virus himself yet. I guess all those years of drinking Diet Coke and eating McDonalds have made his body inhospitable to the virus. 

#18 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:37 PM

I know the guy has a long way to go, and I still have difficulty in realising how he got elected, but as I said before, at least there is some mention of mental health over there which is more than what we have. I know we are biased about it, but the NHS mental health is already under strain, and this is going to really make a mess of things.

#19 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 March 2020 - 09:16 AM

Just a quick note.  N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) has been extensively studied and used to alleviate the symptoms of Influenza A and B. It slows the virus's ability to reproduce. I can find no studies on its use for covid-19 but there have been 2 studies using it to treat pig coronavirus outbreaks. This is a different species than covid-19 but in the same family. It is an inexpensive antioxidant that many members have used on their withdrawal symptoms. Maximum dose is 600 mg twice daily and it is available in slow release form as well. There is no guarantee this will help but considering that it is a very safe compound it may be worth a shot.

#20 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 March 2020 - 10:47 AM

Good info to have if caught with it. 

But 5 days in having a taste of what your life must be like Hat, and it is my mental health rather than physical health that worries me. There is even talk over here in the UK of letting those who have had the virus be "set free" as they will have the antibodies in their system. In which case, I'd rather catch it and have done with it all...!

#21 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 March 2020 - 10:54 AM

"I'd rather catch it and have done with it all...!"

But that "have done with it all" could be permanent if you know what I mean. Plus while you were fighting it you could pass it on to others.

#22 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 March 2020 - 06:45 PM

Very true - and you are right, I wouldn't want that.

I have however been reading on some of the UK mental health forums, and the magnitude with which this lockdown has hit some people really is concerning. Another British suicide has since hit the tabloids.

#23 LDN

LDN

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 975 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 10:03 PM

Hi fishinghat I'm out of likes but I have been taking NAC since this started. NAC was suggested by my Lyme doctor. 

Everybody is going through what we have gone through now. But obviously we have slightly different circumstances. 

I hope you are well! 

Love and God Bless!

#24 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:05 AM

While this company does make Astaxanthin the references and statements they make are accurate and I have confirmed them by checking out all their references. It is interesting to note that this will not keep you from getting the virus but lessen the severity of the infection. Average dose 6 to 8 mg/day, maximum dose 25 to 40 mg/day for short term.

https://cardaxpharma.com/COVID-19/
Astaxanthin: A safe, natural, and multi-faceted anti-inflammatory for maintaining lung health and possibly minimizing SARS-CoV-2 effects
Conclusion
In summary, ASTX has the potential, as a safe and strong anti-inflammatory molecule, to maintain healthy lung function as well as the potential to decrease SARS-CoV-2 associated pulmonary pathophysiology by (i) reducing NF-kB pathway activation, (ii) decreasing inflammatory cytokine production, (iii) attenuating immune cell infiltration, and (iv) shifting macrophage population phenotype (M1 to M2).

#25 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:19 AM

Coronavirus is the "Ultimate Exposure" for anxiety sufferers

An interesting and useful article;

https://slate.com/te...ty-covid19.html

• LDN likes this

#26 LDN

LDN

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 975 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:13 PM

See man this is what I was saying!!! You are facing an 'ultimate exposure' right now!! Take some time to really appreciate how well you are doing for a minute!!! You couldn't face a bigger exposure than this!!! 

You are doing so so so well right now!!! I am so proud as I have said in my post!! 

I hope you can bring in some self compassion and see how well you are doing!!! I was so happy to see how you were proud of yourself for going to do the car yesterday - damn right you should be!!!!! I was delighted to see that!!! 

Again you are such a legend and I am in awe right now of your courage!!! 

Love and God Bless!

#27 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 March 2020 - 09:49 AM

The times are tough with the virus, drops in the stock market, runs on the banks, suicides, uncertainty, unemployment and such BUT this is not the first time this has happened in the world. If you read details of the 1927 depression you will see many similarities. It was also a global experience.

#28 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 March 2020 - 09:58 AM

Yes, the great depression is a very close example. 

We must all stay strong and put faith in God to aid us all in our respective struggles. 

Been looking at Spain and it such a relief to see them turning around, but the lockdown is unlikely to lift until the curve has reached a steady low - but it is set on a trajectory to do so. 

#29 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 March 2020 - 04:29 PM

Hat - have you seen this?

https://www.theguard...ies-experts-say

If not, I think it would be an interesting stone for you to turnover in your research capacity. Seems very strange that the eve of these bonds maturing, a pandemic breaks out in favour of people such as Bill Gates suddenly making the world a better place... and given where the virus started and where the capital investor headquarters are... 

I know this is all a but X-Files/Lone Gunmen, but it sure does make you think. People with the money control the word... and to what extent do you put on human life?

#30 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 March 2020 - 04:54 PM

Haven't seen this but I can truly say I am not shocked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users