Photo

Cold Turkey Or Fast Taper Survivors From Cymbalta Support Group (Facebook)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 April 2020 - 03:12 PM

Now I am not one to go to the lengths of "slating" people on the internet, and this is one of the very good reasons why I do not get involved with social media.

A loooong time ago, before the days of my CW.com initiation, I made a request on a group - the owner got in touch today. I will leave the conversation to speak for itself. I would not have posted this here if I wasn't called an "idiot". I do not take this slur lightly.

Owner of Group
Hi. I am the owner of the cold Turkey and fast tapers from cymbalta support group. You didn't answer my silly questions and I noticed you just got into Facebook. Please tell me more about yourself. I'm very protective of my group

IUN
When you say "cold turkey and fast tapers", meaning that you advocate such an approach to withdrawal from Cymbalta?

Owner of Group
Yes

IUN
That will be why!

No offensive, but I am now part of another support group and have no dealings with facebook so I will in no way get in the way of your group, nor will I openly say anything bad. The fact that you are helping is good enough. The fact that we don't agree is something else, but we both look to help people and that is good enough.

Owner of Group
And that will be why you're not allowed onto the group. It's a support group. If you cant be supportive then bye. I dont have the time nor the energy to argue with idiots.

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 April 2020 - 04:18 PM

He sound like some drs.  Unluckily there are too many forums and blogs like that. God bless everyone on this site.

#3 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 April 2020 - 04:26 PM

Absolutely. Which is why it cut off there!!

I have no dealing with Facebook which is why this surprised me. I only created the account to find Gail and Kathy when we had the big forum outage of December 2018!!

I too am passionate about helping people, but by advocating something that goes directly against the instructions of the pharma's PIL is down right stupid.

#4 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 04 April 2020 - 04:48 AM

What a beauty in her last phrase!
You being so polite, real polite, and to be treated as an idiot! Hard to believe, lovage.
She must have been really frustrated!

#5 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 April 2020 - 10:15 AM

Social media population my dear.

This is why I steer clear!!!

#6 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:52 PM

I have no dealing with Facebook which is why this surprised me. I only created the account to find Gail and Kathy when we had the big forum outage of December 2018!!

And I'm so happy you found us on there! I wish I was here more often, I miss you all. I don't do those Cymbalta groups on FB, they are awful!

#7 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 April 2020 - 06:35 AM

Awwww... thanks Liz. 

I saw the other day that you wished me a happy birthday ages ago!!! So thank you very much, but of course I so rarely go on that page - it was purely for finding you guys and would be used again if we have a similar situation....

#8 RenW

RenW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 06:42 AM

Because of the response at first I confused this with another group that has a very strict and impolite administrator.  I actually preferred the FB group you mentioned because people were more open to talking about different methods and approaches to tapering including the use of different pharmaceuticals.  The "Cymbalta Hurts Worse" group has strict rules.  I'm surprised and saddened by the response you received. 

Honestly, I believe forums are a far superior format to share and organize important information. Facebook groups are not the best format to organize information. (My Information System Analyst degree it is a real pet peeve of mine when the best program isn't used for a purpose.) But unfortunately it seems some people are more likely to use Facebook.  I'm glad I found an active forum for tapering off Cymbalta.   

#9 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 May 2020 - 04:53 PM

Thank you Ren.

With social media there seems to be this ever-present system of hierarchy, dominated by people's drive of ego. We don't like that. In fact, Hat and myself where talking about just these issues a few days ago when there was talk of admin roles, and the fact of the matter is that we don't need them short of organisation. We have a great underpinning of respect here, and that makes for a wonderful place.

I am glad you have found our little space on the Internet and joined the family :)

#10 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 01:02 PM

Early on in cold turkey hell I had found this forum and also joined that Cymbalta Hurts Worse fb group. I left it not even a week later. I found it to be so judgey and unhelpful! By that time I was already off Cymbalta so all their nitpicky judgments on the only way that is acceptable to taper wasn't even applicable anyway, but all they could offer up to my post was that I did it wrong and I was definitely going through PAWS and that's that. I didn't get any other encouragement or advice. Complete opposite experience of this forum where I found IUN and FH to be supportive and open minded instead of pushy and judgmental. 

In conclusion, thank you again IUN and FH <3 

#11 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 18 May 2020 - 05:33 PM

Ooooh I don't know. That Hat can be quite a force to be dealt with...

LOL. As if!

He is a giant stuffed bear. Not a real one, because they scare him - even though they are smaller than he is :D :D :D

#12 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:35 AM

Oh how true. I was going to say that I was just a pussycat but then I remembered I don't like cats.  lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users