#1 luv2lope

luv2lope

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • why_joining:
    Because I am withdrawing from cymbalta and want/need support

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:35 PM

Well its been several days since I last posted. I almost feel guilty for saying this but I am doing very well! I am on day 5 of my half dose. I did 10 days of cutting back one third and that went ok soo here I am at half (from 60mg to 30mg). I wonder if the vitamin therapy is working for me??? Wanted to share in case it works for someone else!
With the help of my Holistic/Chiropractor Dr. this is what I do;

a.m. 1000 mg Fish oil, 2 Iodizyme-HP, B-complex and 1 Li-zyme Forte, (plus a joint supplement)
noon 1000 mg fish oil, 1 li-zyme Forte
p.m. 1000 mg tryptophan

the supplements ending in zyme I get from my Chiro. Its from a product line called Biotics research which can only be dispensed by a health practitioner. But they are all natural.

I realize things can change in a couple weeks when I try to lower the dose again, but for now I am fine!
go figure. I was pretty concerned about this since I have been on meds for 19 years!

I will keep you up to date.
meanwhile if you like google my doctor; Dr. Ramah Wagner
I dont know her web address or I would just give you that!
God Bless!
Nancy

#2 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:20 PM

Nancy,
There you are! I was wondering what had happened to you. I have really missed talking to you.
You sound like your doing really great, and that what your doing is working. Don't let the stuff
in your head talk you down, it's just negatice crap, and just keep thinking positive. Part of the
withdrawls is the mental stuff if you look on that list from the site I gave you, it talks about how
we start thinking even coming off this crap.

Well I can't remember if I told you or not, but I finally had to go to my doc, and get the Prozac to
help with my withdrawl symptoms. I just couldn't deal with the mental part at all. He put me on
20 mg of Prozac, and I was able to go from 40mg to 30 mg, and just today, it's been 9 days I
went down to 25 mg.

I have really noticed a difference in myself, my energy, outlook on life, it is so much better.
I am cleaning my home again, and had not been able to move a muscle for 4 years. I keep
it so clean, just like I used to. I never thought I would ever be avle to do that again. Oh this
stuff so ruin 4 years of my life.

I now have to go throught the withdrawls, but at least I know today it's not me, it was the
Cymbalta that did all the damage to me all that time. Alll the other things that the doc's
said I had, I don't have, but I knew that already, I could just sense it, plus nothing they
gave me would help with the symptoms!! I just was not able to think clearly enough at the
time to figure it all out.

Well I just hope you come back and let us know how your doing.

Take care.

Love,
Debbie

#3 luv2lope

luv2lope

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • why_joining:
    Because I am withdrawing from cymbalta and want/need support

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:05 PM

Debbie
This is the weirdest thing because I remember when I started taking this stuff it was like a fog had lifted. Now, (that I am ready to get off it) I realized what a slug it made me too. I have more energy now.
I think I will stay on 30 for at least 2 more weeks and then go down again.
thanks for thinking of me! I have been on other forums where no one notices! And that was when I had cancer!
take care!!!!!! stay in touch and I am glad you are feeling better!
Nancy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users