Skin Problems Ate Driving Me Crazy!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 betterdays

betterdays

• Site Supporter
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 06:07 PM

This is my second time in the past 5 years that I am trying to get off Duloxetine 60 mg. I am three weeks off after a 3 1/2 month taper. I am going through the hell that is Cymbalta withdrawal. The symptom that I am struggling with right now is irritability/anger and itchy, burning, prickly skin. I went through this 5 years ago. I saw my gynecologist first because of the body region where it was happening most. She sent me to a dermatologist who said it was contact dermatitis and prescribed two creams. The problem went away and I assumed the meds did the trick. I didn't think about it at the time, but I also went back on the Duloxetine as the side effects were just too much. Fast forward 5 years and here I am with the same problem and again getting off Duloxetine. Has anyone else had skin issues while stopping this med?
Any advise would be so appreciated.

#2 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 April 2020 - 08:06 PM

Hi betterdays and welcome...

It might please you to know that plenty of our members have complained specifically about "prickly" skin. Some might go as far to say it is quite a common withdrawal symptom. Our eBook has a fair bit of information regarding the issue, but if you search the site, you will find a lot of stories from our members. The user that springs to mind is DT who joined us with this complaint;

https://www.cymbalta...-will-this-stop

The sensation will pass in time, but it can be a few weeks until you find complete relief.

How long were you on the Cymbalta for this second time around? 

IUN 

#3 betterdays

betterdays

• Site Supporter
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 09:01 PM

I was on for 5 years the second time around.

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 May 2020 - 08:38 AM

I know that some members have use diaper rash crème with success. You might try that.

#5 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 May 2020 - 05:53 PM

I know that some members have use diaper rash crème with success. You might try that.

...and Omega supplements...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users