Photo

For When Times Are Just Too Tough And You Need Support...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,212 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 May 2020 - 04:41 PM

When you feel like sleeping, sleep. When you are tired, rest. When you are sad, be sad. Pressure ONLY makes things worse. The pressure to change tells you “you're not good enough as you are.” This is the same dialogue as depression. Don't speak that way to yourself.

YOU ARE good enough. Even if you don't have energy. There's no quota for being good enough. We are not cookie cutter beings. We are wonderful and complex human beings. The people who seem to set the standard for being “good enough” are full of s**t.

Depression to a certain extent is normal. This society has made us all think we need to be happy, outgoing, energetic, 100% social and smiling and productive robots every single day. This is not what human beings are meant to be like. We don't even have time to be sad, and if we are, we've been taught it must be wrong.

This causes people who are sad to beat themselves up over being sad. That really is what does it, and it ends up dragging you down more than any initial sadness. This society has outlawed sadness, and by doing that it has outlawed being HUMAN. Fight for your right to feel whatever you are feeling!

Remember, as far up as a tree's branches grow correlates directly with how far the tree's roots grow. Don't feel guilty about your sadness. It probably means you have also the capacity for extremely positive feelings. They will come.

The only part of plans that is helpful are goals. Be gentle with your goals. Peace is enough. Happiness, very unclear and un-attained. Just pray for peace. Planning is another thing you are doing that could end up in you beating yourself up. No more of that. You deserve a break. Even if you are depressed.

The step-by-step needs to unfold itself out naturally. This only happens in the freedom of acceptance. No book’s step by step is going to automatically work for you. Don't ever beat yourself up about this. No disciplined regime will feed your soul’s longing. Your soul can most definitely fix itself, it is a self-healing mechanism... if it is understood and accepted.

When you accept where you are in this very moment, you give yourself freedom.

Freedom allows your spirit to heal your psyche. Only you can create freedom for yourself.

Be on your own side.

The most important thing I ever realized was that I should be on my own side. Even if it doesn't seem good enough as compared to social standards… oh yeah, number 1 rule: screw social standards. The only people who seem to adhere to them are faking it. We are all human here.

I take no credit for this, I found it looking for inspiration and found it to be the best and well-written support for anyone suffering from anxiety and/or depression. Read and read again. Come back tomorrow and read it again. Print it out and tape it to the wall. You've got this....

Please feel free to add similar findings to this topic as I feel we need a go-to feel-good post for our members and those seeking help out there who may find us one day. If only one person reads this and feels better, then my job will be worth its time in scores.

With blessings from IUN and us all at the CW family.

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:17 PM

Great words of wisdom.

#3 LDN

LDN

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 975 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 10:34 PM

Thank you IUN!! Great words you found!!!

#4 RoaldDahl

RoaldDahl

Good Friend

• Site Supporter
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 01:51 AM

Beautiful post, thank you.

#5 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 30 May 2020 - 08:37 AM

Yes, Scrat, a beautiful post. To be read many times, inspiring words of wisdom.

I loved it! So thank you Scrattage. LovAge by the ton.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users