#31 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 July 2020 - 08:00 AM

Cutting a bead in half would expose the medicine inside to stomach acid which converts Cymbalta to mapthol and ncan make you very sick at the stomach. 

Have you tried other precriptions or supplements to help you with the symptoms?

#32 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 July 2020 - 09:48 AM

Exactly as Hat said. You cannot split a bead.

So this happens even if you go with 17 + 18 in a day? Or are you going 17 + 17?

#33 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:
    Trying to get off of this poisonous drug. Need support and help!Down from 120mg to 7mg.
    Am currently taking 18 beads 2x per day. A split dose method. 4 am and 4 pm. Pausing to stabilize.

Posted 04 July 2020 - 05:50 PM

I have been putting the beads inside an empty gelcap... so i would just be putting tge half bead inside the gelcap. Do you think this would be a problem? If I do attempt any reduction it will be 18 + 17.5 or 18 + 17.

I am not sure if its the right time to do it yet. I've begun with a highly specialized trauma therapist and we are going after the big issues so a lot is already happening. May be wiser to wait.... There has not been a good time. Holidaze, then Coronavirus, now trauma counseling. Then it will be holidays again when I will be through the hardest part of the trauma therapy so.... i don't quite know.

#34 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:
    Trying to get off of this poisonous drug. Need support and help!Down from 120mg to 7mg.
    Am currently taking 18 beads 2x per day. A split dose method. 4 am and 4 pm. Pausing to stabilize.

Posted 04 July 2020 - 05:53 PM

Hat I use Xanax to help with the anger and anxiety. No other supplements are currently being used.

#35 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 July 2020 - 06:05 PM

When you start talking half bead measures, what you will end up with will still be out on weight because of the difference that can occur between beads. 

When you take 18, you could be taking the equivalent of 19 or 17 quite easily. So I really do not think this half bead is the way to go.

If you haven't already done so, I would suggest scales and work that way.

#36 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 July 2020 - 10:04 PM

IUN thank u. The measurements are so small the scale does work to read them. It is a decently good scale too. I take your point though. The bead size is inconsistent. I'll keep thinking about it. If anything come to you, I'm all ears. Maybe I could grind them and make my own powder compound since I am using the gelcaps. If I place a small calibrating weight on the scale, it will measure the smaller numbers after that point. The weight I have is a 10g....It's just when its down to .018 the scale is not sensitive enough to know anything is on there. I think this may work....??

#37 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 July 2020 - 10:13 PM

Nevermind about the scale and the weight. Its just not sensitive enough to pick up such small readings. I can look into more pricey scales I guess... this one was about $35

#38 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 July 2020 - 10:48 PM

would still appreciate input about pulverizing and using the powder in a gelcap.

#39 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 July 2020 - 07:14 AM

No gel caps please. only enteric coated. I would be hesitant to grind them up and use them but that is what many compounding pharmacies do.

Also be careful about Xanax (a benzo), they are very addictive and have a bad withdrawal. You might consider clonidine and or hydroxyzine instead as they do not have withdrawal.

#40 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 July 2020 - 07:23 AM

Thank you fh. I tried using enteric coated and felt an absolutely terrible spike in negative symptoms. Extremely agitated, aggressive, angry. I have been using bovine gelcaps this whole time, about 2 years aside from when I tried the enteric coated ones when I ran out of the gelcaps.

If I do grind the beads as a compounding pharmacy, perhaps trying an enteric coating would be better since it dissoves slower than gelxsps (right?) and since I will be breaking down the coating, this may be an appropriate counter measure to balance that out.

I am interested to learn more about compounding. Do they mix it into a liquid form?

Thanks fh

#41 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 July 2020 - 08:02 AM

After more research, grinding seems like a poor option. I am not sure how to proceed here. Dropping one bead was quite terrible when i tried back in Feb. Mood de-regulation, extreme agitation does not begin to cover it! Wanting to exit my body is more like it!

#42 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 July 2020 - 08:07 AM

I try only to take xanax as needed. I was down to .5 mg a day before covid. I am taking about 1.5- 2mg a day now. Thank you for looking out for me. I have hydroxyzine in my care plan too which does alleviate my anxiety to a lesser degree. What dosage have you all experienced hydroxyzine as being therapeutic? I am taking only 10mg 3x a day for allergy management and rash, as well as for anxiety management.

#43 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 July 2020 - 06:02 PM

The minimum  dosage for hydroxyzine for anxiety is 2 to 3   25 mg tablets during the day and 50 mg at night. Maximum dose is 100 mg 4 times a day. Usually the dr will start you out on one 25 mg tablet a day and build up to the 25-25-25-50. For myself a single 25 mg tablet usually puts a pretty good dent 9n my anxiety but during my withdrawal it took the full 25-25-25-50 to help any, 

Compounding pharmacies will either buy the Cymbalta in the poser form, weight it out and put it in capsules or dissolve it in a organic solvent like polyglycol.

#44 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 05 July 2020 - 06:10 PM

All this talk of weigh and ridiculously small amounts reminds me of VinPin... 

Might be worth you reading his thread Lovey. Head isn't up to locating on the forum tonight, but it is out there somewhere...

#45 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 July 2020 - 06:09 PM

thank you both. I am enormously frustrated. Thank u har for the specifics on hydroxyzine. priceless information truly.

With the compounding pharmacy route, do they use cymbalta powder then place the powder into enteric caps? No extra coating on the powder? I ask only to see if I could possibly do this myself due to the added expense of using a compound pharmacy service. I doubt Medicaid would cover it.

#46 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 July 2020 - 07:54 AM

Compounding services can be very expensive and you are right most insurances do not cover it. Yes, most buy it as a powder and place it in a enteric capsule. A possible choice for you but you would still have to accurately weight it.

#47 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 July 2020 - 04:56 AM

Thanks hat.

#48 Atok

Atok

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 12:00 PM

I made it to 120 beads out and then missed a couple of doses so decided to cold turkey it from there. Maybe not the best decision but I dont always make those anyway...

No meds in my system for a week now. Nauseous, light headedness both occasionally. Headaches off and on but not sure if it's from the meds or not as I am a chronic migraine sufferer anyway. Things are worse if i get too hot but aside from that the worse is when i feel like i want to puke. Just ha e to stop for a moment

#49 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 July 2020 - 01:01 PM

It will get better Atok. Hang in there.

#50 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 July 2020 - 05:08 PM

Brave move atok...

Careful how you go - and remember we are here if you need us.

#51 Atok

Atok

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 05:17 PM

Yes, I know. I did speak with the psychiatric nurse practitioner at work today about withdrawal and anything to help it or process...

#52 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 July 2020 - 05:21 PM

If you have got to 7 days with that much, that is quite a positive thing from what we have seen here.

After 3 days it usually hits you like a sack of s***. If you can get thru 2 weeks with other these symptoms, then I would have you down as one of the lucky ones...

But just to cover myself, there are the few that have rebound a few weeks later, but these are rarer cases.

#53 Atok

Atok

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 11:21 AM

As of today, doing very well. Yesterday and so far today very little to no symptoms. Hope it stays this way

#54 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 July 2020 - 05:10 PM

There's a word for people like yourself...

LUCKY!! LOL!!

Also hope it stays that way for you..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users