7 replies to this topic

#1 Michayla

Michayla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 02:46 PM

Hello all,

I quit Cymbalta (30mg) in February cold turkey, so it's been several months. The brain fog I experienced is still present - not as intense or frequent, but definitely there. I have trouble recalling facts that I haven't had to think about in a long time. Sometimes it takes me a bit of time to find the right word or phrase (a couple weeks ago I forgot what "Black history month" was called). It's really, really hard to plan things because there are so many little things to consider. None of this is normal for me, even when I was on anti-depressants. I went through about 8 different anti-depression or anti-anxiety meds over the course of 3 years from 2017-2020. I'm wondering how much this has to do with the withdrawal - it tends to get worse when I'm in heightened emotional states (which has been a lot lately with a lot of big life changes happening). Another quick fact - I stopped taking Omega 3s after using them for a few months to get rid of brain zaps - I noticed that the brain zaps didn't come back, but it was around the time I stopped taking the Omega 3s that this brain fog started getting worse (needless to say, I started the omega 3s again a couple weeks ago). Let me know if you have any advice! 

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 August 2020 - 03:22 PM

Good move Michayla. at least 2000 mg but not more than 3000. High in EPA and DHA is the best for the brain fog.

I must admit that it seems ;like you are doing very well at this point. Don't forget it takes around 8 to 12 months to really stabilize so I am sure you will see more improvement.

#3 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 August 2020 - 05:50 PM

Hi Michayla...

Yes, that will bring the fog back for sure. As Hat said, a good 2000mg dose should see that clear.

Regarding your history of AD's, it is common, although not fully proven, that the more ADs taken, the less effective they become, and can also influence a kindling effect. But even to the uneducated, taking a cocktail of pills which mess with your neurochemistry is going to have some unwanted side effects. I had exactly what you speak of when I was coming off Cymbalta/Pregabalin and going onto Lexapro. And being in the research field is scared the crap out of me as I need my brainium for my work!!

Hang in there, and agree with Hat that for this point and considering the history, you are doing better than most others would be at this point.

IUN

#4 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 12:48 PM

lol weird advertisement post about exclusive video content you can use for anything. Don't click the link :)

#5 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 August 2021 - 05:17 AM

lol weird advertisement post about exclusive video content you can use for anything. Don't click the link :)

Missed this one Frog! Dealt with accordingly...

Thanks for the warning in the meantime :)

#6 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 04 August 2021 - 01:27 PM

I'm here if you ever need Russian translated ;)

#7 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 August 2021 - 03:48 PM

Spasibo moja devojska zeleny :)

My Russian is very rusty... but hopefully you can make something of that!!

#8 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 04 August 2021 - 06:22 PM

Spasibo moja zelenaia devochka*

:) Very close!! Impressive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users