• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pie

pie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 03:42 PM

I have been experiencing horrible side effects as alot of people here have been posting.  I am on my 3rd week of weaning off and can barely stand being out of bed.  I also had my thryoid medicine changed at the same time so I have been experiencing problems with this too.  My question is if the symptoms last the same amount of time for someone as myself who has been on Cymbalta for 25 years due to nerve/back pain.  Not sure if it matters how long you have been on it?

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 August 2020 - 03:51 PM

Welcome Pie, 1 year, 5 years, 25 years it doesn't seem to matter. Some are lucky and have few problems. Unluckily many suffer greatly.

#3 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,215 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 August 2020 - 04:55 PM

...and a welcome from me Pie.

My dear friend is already there with what he said. There is no knowing, but it would appear that there is a threshold after which a withdrawal cannot get any worse. Once the various neurological changes are made in the brain, that is the end to it; the cymbalta is where it wants your brain to be. After that, the withdrawal is likely to be the same whenever that may be.

There are very few studies about how the use of long-term ad's affect the brain... for good reason; there aren't that many that have been on them for this sort of period of time and secondly, the big pharma doesn't want the bad press!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users