• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lemmonpepper

lemmonpepper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I just was put on cymbalta (about 10 days) and haven't felt this good for years. But now I'm questioning it...

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

I've been on antidepresants for about 20 years. Prozac worked the best after trying the others. However, no MAIOS. The Prozac stopped working, stayed in the hospital, where they put me on Effexor, but after three years, that stopped working. Also, added Abilify, but that's another story! Anyway, after another stay in the hospital they put me on the Cymbolta. I've been on it for about 10 days, but found out my insurance won't pay for it. (too expensive)

I feel better than I have in years just after this short amount of time. But after reading these stories I'm terrified of what will happen if it stops working. I've been going to argue with the insurance company about it, but now don't think it's worth the effort.

I'm on 90, but have gone down to 60ml the last two days, then thinking of going to 30.

Any comments would be appreciated.

I probably should add that I was put on it for anxiety, depression, and fibromyalgia.

#2 chrisann03

chrisann03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am on day 3 of quitting cold turkey. very bad vertigo and nausea and multiple other symptoms. i have been reading the site for a few weeks now before actually taking the jump and would love to help contribute and ask questions

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:04 PM

It is very expensive. I was lucky and my insurance paid for most of it. I did have to pay 100 out of pocket a month!!! YIKES. (and you would think with my father working for Eli Lilly for 25 years and him actually on the line that make Cymbalta i could get a good discount! yeah right) It did work for a little while. But just stopped helping my legs and my depression all together. Good luck on whatever path you take.

#3 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:11 PM

I've been on antidepresants for about 20 years. Prozac worked the best after trying the others. However, no MAIOS. The Prozac stopped working, stayed in the hospital, where they put me on Effexor, but after three years, that stopped working. Also, added Abilify, but that's another story! Anyway, after another stay in the hospital they put me on the Cymbolta. I've been on it for about 10 days, but found out my insurance won't pay for it. (too expensive)

I feel better than I have in years just after this short amount of time. But after reading these stories I'm terrified of what will happen if it stops working. I've been going to argue with the insurance company about it, but now don't think it's worth the effort.

I'm on 90, but have gone down to 60ml the last two days, then thinking of going to 30.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Just beware that for some of us, it seems that Cymbalta perhaps ?postponed withdrawal from other antidepressants. I was changed to Cymbalta from Lexapro, which I'd been on for about 6 months, without a single hitch, yet others have had big problems getting off Lexapro, too. I felt pretty silly getting the effects I did after only two months of Cymbalta, but suspect it's really the combined affect.

Maureen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users