9 replies to this topic

#1 viola639

viola639

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:16 PM

Hi all, 

I live in seattle and am looking for a compounding pharmacy that would support my tapering. 

I went through a bad taper and went back on the full dose of cymbalta again (60mg)  :(

I was scared for almost 2 years to taper again, but now trying to get pregnant and i need to try to atleast try to taper from 60 - 30mg as an initial try. 

P.S. Will being pregnant on 20 or 30mg of cymbalta be very risky ? 

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,555 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:45 PM

Welcome Viola

When you tapered before did you try bead counting?

All the medical research concerning Cymbalta use during and after pregnancy can be found in our ebook (Free!!) It is the pinned link right above this thread in the Medical Support section. If you have any problems locating the information just let us know.

I can tell you there is a lot of research in the medical journals that link autism to the use of antidepressants. There is still some debate about that though.

#3 viola639

viola639

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:53 PM

Thank you @fishinghat :). That was really helpful, i didn't know about the ebook. 

I was using an asian version of duloxetine and couldn't bead count, i went down 10 mg at a time :(

But this time, i wanted to make sure i had support from a pharmacy. 

#4 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:35 PM

Hi Viola and welcome...

As Hat said, plenty in the eBook which is here in case you couldn't find it;

https://www.cymbalta...tion-the-ebook/

10mg at a time is a risky withdrawal strategy! 60 to 50mg isn't too bad, as that is about a 15% drop, but 20 to 10mg is a 50% drop... so you are better off dropping by fixed percentages rather than fixed mg, as the drop changes each time. 

The pregnancy/anti depressant thing will forever be open to debate, but I would err on the side of safety as much as you can.

If you need help with the withdrawal math - please do not hesitate to ask and we will help!

IUN

#5 viola639

viola639

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:45 PM

@invalidusername thank you :)

I would definitely need help with that. Unfortunately i'm scared to drop below 20mg, i become highly unstable. Hence was wondering if it would be ok to take a small dose. 

Also, i tried searching through the posts to see if anyone had a recommendation for a compounding pharmacy, would you have a link to point me to it ?

#6 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:33 PM

You became unstable after 20mg as this was your highest drop. Lets have a look at the maths to see how your withdrawal went;

60-50 = 17%

50-40 = 20% (+3%)

40-30 = 25% (+5%)

30-20 = 33% (+8%)

20-10 = 50% (+17%)

10-0 = 100% (+50%)

So as you can see the first drop was 17%, so not too bad, then you went to 20%, 25%, 33%... tolerable perhaps. but then a massive jump to 50% after the 20mg. Your withdrawal was +17% based on the previous, so no wonder you felt the sting at that point!!

Apologies if I am losing you here with the maths. I have been doing some research analysis tonight which involved crunching lots of data, so you are lucky I don't attach a graph to this... maybe I should... no, calm down IUN!!

If you are happy counting the beads, you will not need a compounding pharmacy, but ideally should be sticking to the same pharma for the length of the withdrawal as different manufacturers have different amounts of beads in the capsules. For example, Teva 20mg might have 120 beads, but Eli Lilly 20mg might be 180 beads per capsule. So the math worked out would need to be re-written to suit the change. Personally I would prefer to do it myself to know that it was done correctly. But whichever choice you go with, we will help you along the way.

I am in the UK, so all I know about Seattle is the Seahawks and Fraiser :)

#7 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,555 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:46 AM

I am afraid that I am not familiar with the Seattle area as well but when I was looking for one in my area I just called a local pharmacy and they immediately knew which pharmacies in the area could do compounding.

#8 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:51 AM

Kelley-Ross Compounding Pharmacy, 805 Madison St #702, Seattle, WA 98104

206-622-3565

Open 9-5pm Mon-Fri

Cha-ching!

#9 viola639

viola639

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 05:24 PM

@invalidusername thank you :). Do you think they would know about compounding cymbalta?, i asked around a local compounding pharmacy in Kirkland here, they didn't :(. I'll call them today and try. 

The reason i'm scared to count beads is mostly because of inflammation in my fingers, they are now extremely rigid. This started happening after my first unsuccessful taper :(, lots of side effects. 

#10 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:35 PM

I would imagine so - it is quite a popular drug. How did it go?

I can well understand your concern over counting the beads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users