• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Burberriwkn

Burberriwkn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2023 - 12:48 PM

I've seen this mentioned before but not quite for my circumstances.
I just need some reassurance that hypersexuality from cymbalta withdrawal is normal. I'm 26F. Been on cymbalta 90mg for about 3-4 years and just recently tapered down to 0 (stopped taking them 4 days ago) and as of last night Ive started feeling hypersexual/ really sensitive down there to a point where it's uncomfortable. Orgasm doesn't help. I can orgasm 7+ times in a row and still feel so sensitive and almost manically sexual. I just want to cry I don't want to be aroused and it won't stop.

I'm so uncomfortable and I just need to know that this is a cymbalta related side effect and it will go away soon because I'm loosing my goddamned mind.

Ty for any help and sorry for the rant.

#2 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 09 September 2023 - 02:39 PM

Hi Burberriwkn...

Welcome to the forum and never a problem for the "rant"!! That is what we are here for....

I can imagine how you must feel in your situation and yours are circumstances that have not gone without research;

https://ajp.psychiat...-rj.2021.160305

"other rare sexual side effects such as hypersexuality have been reported during duloxetine treatment"

https://psychiatry-p.../14/25_4_13.pdf

"Hypersexuality is found among people who take Cymbalta, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months"

But if you you further on the site, this has also been covered right here with other members;

https://www.cymbalta...xual-behaviour/

There is nothing wrong with you - this is more commonly reported than people would have you believe... I hope the above is of some use to ease your concerns,

IUN

#3 Burberriwkn

Burberriwkn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2023 - 11:22 PM

Ty for the reply.
I'm just having a hard time finding information on this in females that are stopping the drug, not currently on it :/ I'm so bitter about being out on this drug in the first place.

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 September 2023 - 06:29 AM

There are many cases of this from our members; both male and female. Usually this occurs shortly after starting the withdrawal and lasts about 1 week give or take. I am a male but mine lasted about 4 or 5 days. These events have the same characteristics as a manic episode. I remember one lady who experienced up to 10 orgasms a day and it lasted about 10 days. just hang in there, it will pass soon.

#5 Burberriwkn

Burberriwkn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2023 - 08:31 PM

Other withdrawal symptoms I'm noticing so far at a week without:

- Brain zaps
-irritability
- angry
- itchy
- sensitive to touch
- very quick to frustrate.
- tired
- sad

That's it so far://.
Adding this just for reference.

#6 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 September 2023 - 07:06 AM

Hang in there, time and patience.  

Have you looked at our free ebook? It covers supplements that may help, medical research, diet and more. 

https://pdfhost.io/v/sJHePHH4v_Table_of_Contents

#7 Burberriwkn

Burberriwkn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 September 2023 - 06:16 PM

I did look at the ebook a little bit but I still don't see very much about the PSSD.for females specifically. The ebook is also really big and I was just feeling overwhelmed and having a hard time finding anything.

A small update though, I went back on 20mg after being at 0mg for a week. I couldn't handle it and I just needed relief. It's helped with the sexual dysfunction in the sense that I've gone from constantly feeling sexual all day all the time with no relief even with like 20times a day of back to back O's to now where I have some peace during the day and can get away with 2-4.
My Dr. Had me weaning from 60-0 in like 2 weeks so I think that was part of the problem. So I guess Im going to see if I can manage with 20 for a little bit. I'm so incredibly irritable and itchy. And even though the sexual dysfunction has reduced I still do not like the level that it's at. It still pops up inappropriately and won't go away.

I just want to say I'm so sorry for my horrible formatting and how messy my posts are. I just need to get this out.

#8 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 September 2023 - 06:27 AM

"My Dr. Had me weaning from 60-0 in like 2 weeks so I think that was part of the problem."

Good Lord, that is terrible!!! The FDA warns that withdrawal should not be done quickly as it can cause not only severe withdrawal symptoms but suicidal thoughts or even suicide itself. Most antidepressants have this characteristic and it is commonly known by most psychiatrists. No wonder you are having so many issues. most who have successfully weaned off Cymbalta on this site weaned over a 2 to 4 year period.

#9 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 September 2023 - 06:33 AM

By the way the medical research on PSSD starts on the bottom of page 450 in the ebook.

#10 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 15 September 2023 - 04:26 PM

"My Dr. Had me weaning from 60-0 in like 2 weeks so I think that was part of the problem."

Good Lord, that is terrible!!! The FDA warns that withdrawal should not be done quickly as it can cause not only severe withdrawal symptoms but suicidal thoughts or even suicide itself. Most antidepressants have this characteristic and it is commonly known by most psychiatrists. No wonder you are having so many issues. most who have successfully weaned off Cymbalta on this site weaned over a 2 to 4 year period.

What is WRONG with these Doctors?! 

No wonder you had such a strong reaction. I think you have done the right thing in reinstating given that you have done such a quick drop. This just isn't done. I had the same thing years ago before I decided to medicate myself. I had been on Celexa (Citalopram) for 10 years, and my Doctor told me the exact same thing as you. I ended up in ER following an overdose.

This is not a matter to be played with. The knowledge should be known. 

I often find that Doctors do not like to lose face when they do not know something - so instead of looking up the correct procedure, they make these timelines up and they have no idea that they are messing with people lives.

This might sound a bit over the top, but the fact is that it is TRUE.

Please keep us updated on how you get on - and we will do all we can to help you along your journey,

IUN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users