#1 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 20 October 2023 - 12:14 PM

Two Questions

Doc suggested way back that if I ever had to come off these things the alternate day version was best....capsule on one day miss cap the next day and so on.....

is there much love for that method here?

and......I don't know if it's the nature of my anxiety/depression but I am FLAT/NO ENERGY constantly........did anyone have any luck with a switch to night time dose instead?

Thanks Peeps   :)

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 October 2023 - 03:33 PM

The every other day option is a big no-no. With a half-life of 12 hours your blood level od Cymbalta is at only 3.25% when it is time for your next dose. That next dose raises your blood levels back up and the withdrawal from the previous 48 hours is repeated over and over again. The FDA specifically warns against this.

Some members have had success with the fatigue by switching to taking a nighttime dose. Some have also had success by taking a half dose in the morning and a half dose in the evening. It is worth a try

#3 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 October 2023 - 08:11 PM

Totally agree with Hat on this one. We have seen it so many times.

IT WILL NOT WORK - DON'T DO IT!

A quick lesson in what we know as a drug half-life.

If a drug has a half life of 12 hours, the level of of the medicine will apply;

0 hours - 100%

12 hours - 50%

24 hours - 25%

36 hours - 12,5%

48 hours - 6,25%

So, by the time you take your next dose on the second day, you will have nothing left in your body and therefore will feel a "mini-withdrawal" every time. It is NOT a good idea.

Unless a drug has a half-life of 24hrs or more, you need to take them every day, or as prescribed by a doctor who KNOWS what they are talking about.

So - long story short - keep taking them every day - just drop the dose. You will feel much better...

IUN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users