• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gryffin

Gryffin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:23 PM

Thank you for this site. I have been seriously dizzy with this wonky feelings in my head and could not figure out what was going on. Thanks to all of you I have learned it is withdrawal!

Today is day 6 without Cymbalta. I have been on it since August of 2006, after being on Lexapro since 2004 (it felt like it stopped work, doc switched me). I started at 30mg then went to 60 by October `06. Was on 60mg till about Nov/Dec 07 when I wanted off and the doc put me on a weening program...I went to 40mg for a few weeks, then 30mg, then 20mg. My last pill was on Tuedays Feb 26...Wednesday was fine. Then Thursday hit. I was a total spazz. I was dizzy, my thoughts were racing and I was going a mile a minute. Then on Friday, still dizzy, still going a mile a minute...started having these weird brain flash/pulse things. Yeah, not fun. Then on over the weekend....my business partner (and mom) got yelled at, a lot...every issue I had with her since Oct (when the company started) came out. And my cat got his share of getting yelled at, but then he did break my printer. It was about the middle of Sat when the worst began...every little sappy commercial, every time someone ask what is wrong or are you alright I lost it....I teared up, I bawled, I haven't been able to really cry since I started the cymbalta. No I want it to stop....how much longer?!

I did have so symptoms that I find positive...and I hope they stay when the withdrawal is over....not hungry like I used to be, not as tired, and I am the most creative and productive I have been in years. As an artist that is a good thing!

So thanks for sharing your stories...I really thought there was something else wrong like a sinus infection or brain issue. Glad to know it's just the withdrawal.

SO can anyone tell me it is going to get better? At least the crying...cause I would really like that to stop.

#2 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:22 PM

I went 45 days before seeing another doctor. Half the week I was crying, the other half I was starting to feel better.

My old psychiatrist told me I was an isolated case, this was my depression and that this was how I was before Cymbalta. I have a slew of family and friends who would disagree. I was depressed when I started Cymbalta, but did not go around and cry for days. Nor did I pray for night to come around so that I could have a few hours of "mind rest" until the next day of confusion, racing thoughts and the general feeling of what the heck has happened to my brain.

Seeing a new psychiatrist has been helpful. She said that going from 30 to nothing was too fast. I am not back on Cymbalta, but she did put me on a low dose of Celexa to balance me out. And gave me some Klonopin for the panic attacks.

To everyone who is in pain going through this, please seek out a second opinion. Other people here have successfully weaned being switched to a less invasive anti-depressant.

There is no need to go through the despair, I just hope you find somebody who does not try to fix your dilemma with more Cymbalta.

Peace to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users