• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 campertwins

campertwins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am going thru Cymbalta withdrawal and having tough time....

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:38 PM

I have been on Cymbalta for 5 years or so. Started at 30mg up to 60mg back to 30mg and back to 60mg. I have gained 40 pounds and just turned 50 and need to get my life back! I have weaned off the drug the last 2 months and it has been 8 days of no Cymbalta. I am so dizzy, cranky, and weepy that I want to go back on, but I know that I can't. I tried last spring to do it and was so miserable that I went back on. This time I have lasted 8 days, but I am losing my mind. How long does this take to get out of your system? I am miserable. UGH.

In hindsight, I don't think I really need Cymabalta, but needed HORMONES instead...which I have started and was feeling good until I have stopped the Cymbalta.

I want my life back and to lose this awful weight that just makes me depressed too...

It is great to find this web site and see that I am not going crazy having these feelings. I just want the withdrawal to end VERY SOON. Any advice on how long it takes?

Thanks!campertwins

#2 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:41 PM

This is weird, I thought I answered this. Never mind.

I thought all my problems were down to menopause symptoms, started HRT (which did help with the sleep, and reduced the hot flushes a bit) but was a bit crushed that it didn't help my mood at all, so was started on Anti-d. Given some of the c**p which was also happening then has disappeared, I'm now getting off Cymbalta, but thank god I'm on HRT or I don't think I would be able to do it. The hot flushes and lack of sleep were crushing in the end.

Maureen.

#3 campertwins

campertwins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am going thru Cymbalta withdrawal and having tough time....

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:48 PM

Maureen...
I have heard about the HRT and think that I will chat with the doc about starting that. Thanks!

#4 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:26 PM

Sorry, I thought you were already on HRT - your sentence stating with ' in hindsight' has got me confused. (Not that that's anything new - me being confused!)

My GP actually has success with some people on half dose anti-d and half HRT.

There's lots of scaremongering out there about HRT, but I thought about it carefully; in the end my sleep was so fragile my husband was sleeping in a separate room because any snoring was impossible. Melbourne is a hot place in summer, and the hot flushes were intolerable (because it wasn't just the hot bits, it was the heart pounding and freezing bit in between which were a problem).

Good luck, and let us know how you go.

Maureen.

p.s. dizziness is definitely a cymbalta withdrawal effect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users