1 reply to this topic

#1 mysticcherokee

mysticcherokee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • why_joining:
    I tried to commit suicide obviously unsuccessfully, shortly beofre starting a New doctor taperd from this drug, (just jumped off) and Ive strong feelings about it.

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:36 AM

I worded this thread that way, becuse I wouldnt recommend using too much during active withdrawal. Our bodies can only stand so much. I was going to point out that weight gain from cravings can be harnessed this way. Take a combo of green tea (supplement) and fish oil for at least one week to feel cravings diminish, and then continue taking as recommended for cravings. It curbs cravings for sugar and carbs, and I got it form"Dr.Perricones Weight Loss Diet", I stumbled on a PBS show that he was on, and it really got me into supplements. Lost a bunch of weight and havent found a lot of it, yet:) Potatoes ,noodles, bread,sugar, transfats, keep an inflammatory process going in our body, very unhealthy and conducive to weight gain and fat storage. With a lot of hydration(water), exercise, eating healthy. The pounds will come off, and the fatty deposits. Fish and beans are excellent. Fruits and vegtables, yogurt, lowfat, which I mix in: raisans, sunflower seeds, unsweetened cocunut, pineapple, cinnamon and stevia an excellent natural source of sweetening. Also import to get as much protein for energy as possible, but not from meat if you can avoid it. Dont be at all surprised if the green tea/fish oil combo. works in much less time. Happy/healthy dieting!Let me know what you think of the combo if you try it. Need to do it myself, but Im still experiencing w/ds one month out, so Ill wait. Mystic
Sorry if my posts are difficult to understand, Im still not all there and wonder if I ever will be again, so my writing may not be very cohesive, though its actually better than it was.

Please, do not use antioxidants during withdrawals, and green tea is just one!

#2 Shay Kay

Shay Kay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been struggling with Cymbalta withdrawl for three weeks now. I want to learn how to cope with what I am feeling and find others who are feeling the same way so I feel less insane.

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:04 PM

There is a book called "Serotonin Power Diet" appearantly, the reason for carb cravings is due to the desire for your body to create more serotonin, in order to balance out the deficit that has been caused by no longer using Cymbalta. Logic will dicate that using a Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor, blocks areas in the brain that break down serotonin; therefore, your brain produces less. If your body did not, then you would have too much serotonin floating around in there, and that wouldn't be healthy either. Our bodies strive for balance, except when it comes to fat storage. Serotonin production is dependant upon carbohydrate (specifically glucose) intake and an amino acid called tryptophan. Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins, but consuming proteins and carbs simultaneously is not conducive to serotonin production either. The book "Serotonin Power Diet" explains how to optimize serotonin production through diet. The diet allows three meals and three snacks, so there isn't an opportunity to get hungry. Keep in mind that the opportunity to overeat is always present. The diet focuses on carbs in general, meaning it doesn't differentiate between complex carbs and simple sugars, with the exception of fructose (fruit sugar, high fructose corn syrup, and corn syrup). Fructose does not invoke the insulin response required to carry tryptophan and glucose to the brain. Glucose is the simple carbohydrate form that the brain consumes for energy.

I would like to state that I agree with the previous poster about consuming primarily complex carbs, and fish oils. In my opinion, detoxifying is not the issue here. The issue is serotonin production. Excersise will help alleviate some stress. I know it is difficult to do, especially considering the physical pain involved with Cymbalta withdrawal, but I know we are desparate for anything at this point. Another poster suggested Relacore. This has something to do with Cortizone. Keeping in mind how stressful this process is, they may be on to something. Again, we are desparate for anything.

I went "cold turkey" (I wish there was another term for it). The consensus is you should overcome Cymbalta use gradually; however, this is the same advice for nicotine addiction. I am stubborn and have made the decision to overcome this demon. I just want it out of my life completely and I'm not looking back (however alluring it may be).

I certainly hope this helps somone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users