• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 missmojo

missmojo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to know if others are feeling like I am.

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:35 AM

I find that I am extremely irritable. I feel confused, in not knowing is this really me or is this the side effects of withdrawl. In either case its not pretty. I took myself off this drug; because mainly I just felt it wasn't doing anything for me. I don't want to be dependant on any drugs. I actually think I felt worse being on them. I felt completely withdrawn, lonely and just not who I think I should be, if that makes any sense at all. I'm so hoping that I can find and alternative therapy via natural remedies that will make me feel normal, whatever normal is for me. My God as I'm typing this I feel like i sound like a crazy woman. If anyone else can relate to what I'm feeling, please comment. Thanks.

#2 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:33 PM

missmojo,
Boy do I ever relate to what you wrote, and by the way you wrote very clear!
You in the deep throw of withdrawls, cold turkey at that.

That the worst way to go for startes, even the label teels you that, but with
this one, they should have written it in red bold letters.

First of all here's my favorite site with all the withdral symptoms http://prozactruth.com/cymbalta.htm

Please read lots of posts and see how we have learned to slowly wean ourselves off this crap. It is still
not easy even doing it that way, but it's much better as you can control that.

Ask questioms, and kind that you can think of!! We are here to help,and support you.

Debbie

#3 freedomseeker

freedomseeker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • why_joining:
    getting off of cymbalta and want to talk to others that understand

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:40 PM

I totally understand!!!! I too feel like a crazy woman. Many times in the last few days I have just thought to myself that I am crazy with my moods going up and down all the time. I feel paranoid that my friends and family think I'm nuts too. I also feel very irritated and easily frustrated. It has been a week and 4 days for me being completely off. I do feel much better physically already but mentally, not so much!!! I hope that this is from the withdrawl. I would assume it is because it hasn't been that long since both of us have gone totally off. This is a huge change in our brain chemistry and our mood has to be effected by that! I too want to be totally off of drugs. I want to be naturally healthy. I am trying to eat better-low sugar and carbs, etc. I feel like this medication screwed up my blood sugar (amoung many other things!!). I am trying to get into a regular exercise routine as I was not really able to do it while I was on Cymbalta because I felt lousy all the time! Hopefully the damaging effects will slowly disappear as our bodies get used to being without the drug. Good luck to you!

#4 kamielizabeth

kamielizabeth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    looking for answers

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:01 PM

well i just started weaning myself off of cymbalta. its so expensive so I wanted to see if I could cope being without it. Last week I was taking the 60mg like usual and this week im gonna take the 30mg then im gonna go to every other day and see how that goes. So far I just feel kind of spacey. I originally got on Cymbalta for my anxiety and it worked great. And I also read on one of these forums that someone was on it for anxiety also and got off and still dosent have anxiety. I hope I have the same results. Good luck to everyone trying to get off!!

#5 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:04 PM

Hi,

just be wary of doing the 'every other day' bit. The experience of anyone who's tried it (that I can see) including me was that it's a bit pointless. The drug has such a short half life that all you're doing is starting withdrawal, then adding re-introduction of drug effects to your body.

When I found this site (when I was doing the 30mg every other day bit) and discovered what I was doing wrong, I changed to splitting the dose (by buying empty gelatine capsules) and took 15mg every day. Completely different result.

I've now dropped down to just under 5mg, and intend to keep tapering to the last ball if necessary.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Maureen.

#6 cruser28

cruser28

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • why_joining:
    I amin a phase of withdrawing from Cymbalta. Every time my doctor increases the dose, my body gets used to it and then I start going into withdrawal with brain zaps and irritability.

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:18 PM

I was off it for 3 weeks once and still had brain zaps and irritability. I wonder how long it takes for the irritability to go away? My body also ached like I had a bad flu.

Good luck to you,
Cruser

#7 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:25 PM

I was off it for 3 weeks once and still had brain zaps and irritability. I wonder how long it takes for the irritability to go away? My body also ached like I had a bad flu.

Good luck to you,
Cruser

cruser,
it really sucks to think that after 3 weeks you would still be having brain zaps, but that's the nature of the beast with this drug.
I ha been decreasin now since Aug 18 or 31, my memory has been so affected by being of this drug, as well as coming off od it.

i am starting to just now in the past 3 days have the sweating at night, and here in Long Beach Calif, it is not hot at all in the pm's
but very cool. I am also having alot more withdrawl symptoms, and have been on the same dose now for 2 weeks, ans 2 days.

My last decrease kicked my butt so bad, and I was fine the first 9 days, and then it hit me so bad for the next six in a row i felt
like I had stopped cold turkey. I just help on, and remembered what Houdi had said that this will HAPPEN!! It's the drug and the
withdrawls taking, hang on, and don't give up so I did just . Like I had any thing else I could so!!!

I don't get any help with the vitamins, and that was a bummer for me. I used to have anxiey so I had something for that. Oh, but
just being on the Cymbalta made it so much worse, and it gets eally bad at times so I will use that for relief. At this point I am
also on the Prozac, but that did help very much, and I am sounding alot more cohrent as junior keeps telling me, or just since I
have been decreasing the dose. It's hard to see your own progress, and that's why I am so glad I got here, and just stayed, at least
I can get the input from the other's

I am also in AA, and just like they say in AA "It's a We Program" and I so see why I need all of you to help me during this time, and also
to be there as other's are coming here feeling as we all do to give them support, and share my experience, strenght, and hope with them
all.

Where ever there is a hand reaching out for help, let mine be there to grap it, and pull them to safety.

Debbie

Keep me posted cruser!!

#8 missmojo

missmojo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:11 PM

What exactly are brain zaps??? It will now be 3 weeks tomorrow that i quit cymbalta cold turkey and i have been experiencing what i think might be what you all are talking about (brain zaps). Its so hard to describe but its sort of like my brain is short circuiting or kind of like that feeling when you stand up too quickly. Is that what you mean??? Anyways that all started about 3 days after I quit and it hasn't got any better. I've also lost my appetite, not to the point that I'm not eating; but rather I'm just not eating as much as before, which is good, because I gained about 20 freakin' lbs since I started taking it! I've lost about 8 of those pounds in the past 3 weeks. I'm still finding it hard not to explode over the slightest things...My God I feel so stupid after one of my eruptions. I actually feel like a volcano when something starts to upset me, its starts from the pit of my stomach then rises up to my chest, then spews out of my mouth, then before you know it, feelings are hurt,( and I can see this); so I start to take deep breaths trying to calm myself, so I can at the very least apologize. The saddest thing is; the victims of my outbursts are always the ones I love. My children! I've told them that I'm not myself, they know about me quitting this drug; but I truly hate myself when I do that. I've been on every med there is. My Doc and the psychiatrist have diagnosed me with depression/anxiety. So if thats what all these drugs are for, why hasn't any of them helped me??? I've come to the conclusion that I just don't have coping skills. I worry about everything, then it starts to overwhelm me to the point where I can't deal with it all, so I just curl up into a ball. The Doc ends up putting me on new drugs(more money for her and the pharmeseutical companies) and I turn into a walking, talking Zombie. Just Flat, like i'm just existing, what the hell kind of life is that! I'm so sick and tired of having different drugs pushed on me. None of them make me feel HUMAN. I just want to be able to take a deep breath because I want to! Not because i'm trying to calm myself down. I want to be able to not sweat the small stuff, to relax, laugh, play with my kids, go for walks and not worry about the housework or getting bills paid on time, so what if they're a little late! I just want to be ME!!! Whoever ME is I'm going to find her! I want to thank all of you for your replys and your support, if you only knew how much better you've made me feel. Peace.

#9 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:06 AM

Hi Missmojo,

I wish I could assure you that the anger outbursts you talk about are common to all of us.

I had one myself today, at my husband, who was only trying to help me at MY warehouse with MY work on the weekend. But he hadn't stacked some stuff the way I've asked him to (we'll skip the fact that I've shown him zillions of times which way's best). The end result for me of the way he did it was that I bent back a fingernail beyond the quick and my nail split there - bloody painful. Under normal circumstances I think I could have just exploded internally and cursed him momentarily, but today? Today I didn't let up for a full ten minutes. Anyone who'd been listening (thank goodness it's a commercial area so quiet on the weekend) would have thought he'd done nothing but aggravate me for the last 20 years.

AND I DIDN'T EVEN GO COLD TURKEY - I TAPERED OFF CAREFULLY FROM 30MG.

I am in awe of those of you who've managed to do this from larger doses cold turkey. I simply can't imagine it, and you have my admiration.

As for the brain zaps, they seem to be a bit different with each person, too. Either that, or we're just describing it different ways. I had to describe it for my GP last week, so prior to that I had a think about it and to me it's two different things:

The first part is the 'thump' effect you get in your head when your heart skips - you have palpitations or you get a fright and you get that extra hard heartbeat which goes *whoosh* in your head. (I should add that the 'feeling' of this was so strong that I had to actually lie down and 'fell' my heart to see if it was actually connected with a palpitation, which I would normally be able to tell without doing that.)

The second part was the 'noise' aspect, like someone banging a pair of cymbals inside your head, sort of silently, but noisily at the same time if that makes sense. At the same time as brain zaps occurred, I would also have ongoing much more severe tinnitus than normal (and the 'cymbal' noise was like a microsecond of much worse tinnitus), and feel 'floaty' or giddy, and be extremely sensitive to normal noise like people taking in loud-ish voices. (prob. like kids playing noisily but happily.)

Interesting that you mention perceived lack of coping skills. I felt like that several years ago when the only way I could get my teenager to do anything was shout at her. I realized after a few years that it was all going to end in tears, and did an Anger Management course. (This makes it sound like I'm a coping person, but in truth I should have done it ten years earlier.) I was absolutely and utterly amazed to find that along with people like me (mini volcanoes) there were as many people who had absolutely no idea how to actually express anger and internalized it all. These people come across as calm, nothing much fazes them, then all of a sudden they fall in a heap. Don't know if either of these extremes sounds familiar to you, but there are lots of courses out there that can help.

keep in touch,

do keep in mind that whatever you share here, someone will identify and empathise with you over it.

kind regards, Maureen.

#10 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:24 AM

Personally I've decided that if I do need an antidepressant, I'm going back to the old ones (Prozac,Paxil,Zoloft). Those have had been on the market long enough that I feel they're trustable.

The thing is, we were all put on this drug for a reason. Now is that reason still there? When I say I'm going the holistic route, I'm speaking of diet and exercise. I'm not a huge fan of 'Natural Medicines', but that's me. A lot of people swear by it.

Personally I've decided that if I do need an antidepressant, I'm going back to the old ones (Prozac,Paxil,Zoloft). Those have had been on the market long enough that I feel they're trustable.

The thing is, we were all put on this drug for a reason. Now is that reason still there? When I say I'm going the holistic route, I'm speaking of diet and exercise. I'm not a huge fan of 'Natural Medicines', but that's me. A lot of people swear by it.

I wish I could say I agree with you Tabby but I've been going to a Paxil forum where people have been having massive problems coming off it too. And there are stories of people having trouble coming off Lexapro, Zoloft, Prozac and Effexor. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but I just wanted to make you aware. I myself got into the dramas of the past few months because my long-term use of Paxil (over 10 yrs) had produced the side effect of insomnia.

As far as natural medicines... My mum was an extremist with these as far back as the 70s. Sure, we kids were healthy, but I wanted to go to the DR like everyone else! To say nothing of wanting to eat white bread, have salt on my chips, have fish'n'chips (the only real take away back then) and so on... Naturally, I went the other way! Later I softened and I've tried naturopathic help (it worked), traditional chinese medicine (helpful) and accupuncture (helpful). I believe they all have their place, it just depends what your needs are and what you are looking for at the time. Obviously an accupuncturist isn't going to be much help if you've broken your arm!!

I'm currently getting naturopathic support to help stabilise me. I"m seeing a psychiatrist / psychologist next week (he's both) to talk about my next move. My instincts tell me I am going to have to come off Aropax (Paxil) - hopefully before this dreaded 'poop out' (where it stops working and it's like going cold turkey), so I want to put together a plan so I have some control over the process. I will probably continue with naturopathic herbs throughout my withdrawal as I do believe they are helping.

Cheers
Junior

PS _ If I need antidepressants in the future, I may have no option but to return to the old tricyclics. Yuk!

#11 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:43 PM

How did brain zaps end up here? I am confused enough, topics are being talked about anywhere now
when a new person comes in, do we need to help them, maybe show then where to post, am I just
now starting to feel something for the first time in over like 3 years.

Junior, I liked the way you described the BZ, as when I hear that word I think back to what I got when
I was on Paxil, and that was an electrical shock to my brain. With Cymbalta it's so different, and I
once again just thought that I was a stranger case than most. This crap has so done a number on my
head, selfconfidence, selfworth, every fiber of my being.

What I found out the first time I forgot to take my Cymbalta, was that I got this "clangging" in my head,
it was not really loud, it was as if someone had pillows covering my ears, but it was more or less just
there every few minutes if I were to stand uo,and yes then it would scare me, and I thought i was becoming
a schizophrenic, samething with the Paxil. Then I would take the Cymbalta, and it would just go away. I was
just to far gone by the side effects of the drug to even call my dic. I am positive I told them both about the
clangging in my head, but like I read here by someone, it's like because we take psych meds, they just chalk
it up to "She's a nut". That's just how I feel now labled for life. Don't listen to her she takes meds!!!

Don't know where I was even going withthis, I do feel a bit foggy right now, oh yeah finding topics under
places that are for something else.

So there I just did it too, hugh? Sorry trying to get off Cymbalta!

Debbie

#12 snicklefritz

snicklefritz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been taking Cymbalta for about 4 months, and my blood pressure became quite high. It settled down slightly but now I am trying to stop taking Cymbalta and am down to 20mg. My doctor does not have much experience with this medication and now that I am at 20mg I do not know how to go down further as I understand 20mg is the lowest dose. I am suffering all kinds of wierd effects which I believe from reading here is from the CYmbalta. I really need help in where to go from here.

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:24 PM

I too would love to find out who me is. I am so tired of the person I have become and so have my children, who are now teenagers, but still need Mom. Ihate myself and wish I could stop the rage I feel sometimes, or at least help them to understand what is going on. I havent even stopped taking it yet, just gone down from 60 to 30. You have given me hope, and we all need to help each other.
Take care and keep in touch.
Vanessa

#13 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:53 AM

Hi Debbie,

I've given up wondering which thread is for what.

I do my best to start a joke thread in the appropriate place (Let's talk about something else) and That Woman Debbie didn't even send me back a joke. Sheesh. Some people.

While I'm in a silly mood I might as well say we'll end up finding threads in the rice pudding next.

Feel free to groan.

:)) Maureen.

#14 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:51 AM

Groannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

:-p

#15 missmojo

missmojo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:13 PM

I guess you're referring to me as the new one...Sorry, didn't know that there was a certain place that i should be posting. I just clicked on the 'What are you feeling' and went from there. Please enlighten me if I'm not with the program, sort'a speak.
Thanks
missmojo.

#16 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:26 PM

Missyjo,
Just ingor me, I am going through withdrwls, and for the first time ever I am actually having some
feeling for the first time in about 3 1/2 years. No it's everyone, just doing their own thing, and there
are no rules around here.

Usually what happens when a person gets here is that they start a new topic, and tell about themselves.
That way we know your new, and can greet you, that's all.

If this subject was just where you were, and it fitted you, that's great. Again just ignore me as I can see
I am sounding a bit nuts myself.

Welcome, sorry you ever had to tke this crap, but glad you found us!

We are all here for you!

Debbie, a bit off todAY :)

#17 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:34 PM

Hi Debbie,

I've given up wondering which thread is for what.

I do my best to start a joke thread in the appropriate place (Let's talk about something else) and That Woman Debbie didn't even send me back a joke. Sheesh. Some people.

While I'm in a silly mood I might as well say we'll end up finding threads in the rice pudding next.

Feel free to groan

maureene,
It's just me, and you guys are not as screwed up mentally as I am, I am guessing by the way your all able to keep up with eachother.
I am also seeing that I am geeting feeling, finally, and I am so grateful to just feel anything. I also am seeing that i am a control
freak, or is it because it just makes it hard for me to keep up with you all, and then I just end up feeling like I am getting worse,lol.

Yes we need to talk about other things besides the big C, and get some humor going, You will have to teach me as I have forgotten how
to do life in general, especially laughung!

Debbie

:)) Maureen.

#18 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:35 PM

I guess you're referring to me as the new one...Sorry, didn't know that there was a certain place that i should be posting. I just clicked on the 'What are you feeling' and went from there. Please enlighten me if I'm not with the program, sort'a speak.
Thanks
missmojo.

IGNORE DEBBIE, SHE IS HAVING A FEELING!

LOVE,
DEBBIE

#19 snicklefritz

snicklefritz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been taking Cymbalta for about 4 months, and my blood pressure became quite high. It settled down slightly but now I am trying to stop taking Cymbalta and am down to 20mg. My doctor does not have much experience with this medication and now that I am at 20mg I do not know how to go down further as I understand 20mg is the lowest dose. I am suffering all kinds of wierd effects which I believe from reading here is from the CYmbalta. I really need help in where to go from here.

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:37 PM

Ok sorry ladies, I cant stop laughing, you know this withdrawal stuff makes us a little nuts, but Maureen can we forgive Debbie, she had to call her dic!!!!!!!!

Ok I couldnt resist that one, poor attempt at bringing humor into this crazy stuff.
Love to all
Vanessa

#20 missmojo

missmojo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:03 PM

Ok sorry ladies, I cant stop laughing, you know this withdrawal stuff makes us a little nuts, but Maureen can we forgive Debbie, she had to call her dic!!!!!!!!

Ok I couldnt resist that one, poor attempt at bringing humor into this crazy stuff.
Love to all
Vanessa

I'm laughing right along with you, not too often i get to do that; but damn it felt good! That was funny!!!

#21 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:32 AM

"IGNORE DEBBIE, SHE IS HAVING A FEELING!

LOVE,
DEBBIE"

*looks around*

Did someone speak?

Someone say something about having a feel?

Oops.... *runs away*

#22 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:39 AM

Yes, Junior, I'm with you, I'd like to know who Debbie's feeling up too.

I mean, hells bells, we've all suffered from lack of libido for so long I figure we deserve a little fun, no?

Although the person being felt up might have something to say about this.

signed: anon

#23 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:41 AM

Haha you can't be anonymous. It says your name at the top of your post!!

Hmmm....wonder if Debbie is feeling up a man? Wonder if he's hot? Perhaps we could all sample the merchandise??????

Did I say that? Never........

*vanishes into the ether*

#24 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:17 PM

Ok you guys,
Where did I have to call "My Dic"? I am so hoping that one of you has his phone number,
as I sure can't find it.
My typo's sure get in in some real trouble. The last one I was sccused of calling someone
a NUT, and know it was something else, who remembers what now.

Anyway I havn't had any in so long, that when I walk by all the men in AA, well I really
have to watch myself, as at times I have felt like taking a few into the bushes on the
hill, heck forget the bushes, I would just do them on the sidewalk!!!

Debbie

Where did I put this one? I want to go read it too!

#25 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:21 PM

"Anyway I havn't had any in so long, that when I walk by all the men in AA, well I really
have to watch myself, as at times I have felt like taking a few into the bushes on the
hill, heck forget the bushes, I would just do them on the sidewalk!!!

Debbie"

There are other methods *whistles*

I went looking for the "dic" thing too. I remember reading it somewhere but I knew it was a typo so I just let it go. Let me know if you can find your "dic" ....

#26 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:30 PM

How did brain zaps end up here? I am confused enough, topics are being talked about anywhere now
when a new person comes in, do we need to help them, maybe show then where to post, am I just
now starting to feel something for the first time in over like 3 years.

Junior, I liked the way you described the BZ, as when I hear that word I think back to what I got when
I was on Paxil, and that was an electrical shock to my brain. With Cymbalta it's so different, and I
once again just thought that I was a stranger case than most. This crap has so done a number on my
head, selfconfidence, selfworth, every fiber of my being.

What I found out the first time I forgot to take my Cymbalta, was that I got this "clangging" in my head,
it was not really loud, it was as if someone had pillows covering my ears, but it was more or less just
there every few minutes if I were to stand uo,and yes then it would scare me, and I thought i was becoming
a schizophrenic, samething with the Paxil. Then I would take the Cymbalta, and it would just go away. I was
just to far gone by the side effects of the drug to even call my dic. I am positive I told them both about the
clangging in my head, but like I read here by someone, it's like because we take psych meds, they just chalk
it up to "She's a nut". That's just how I feel now labled for life. Don't listen to her she takes meds!!!

Don't know where I was even going withthis, I do feel a bit foggy right now, oh yeah finding topics under
places that are for something else.

So there I just did it too, hugh? Sorry trying to get off Cymbalta!

Debbie

Here you go Debbie - try about the sixth last line.

Happy to help anytime. :))))))))))

Maureen.

#27 NC123

NC123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    wanting to get other people's opinions on coming off of Cymbalta. Awful side effects

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:43 PM

I can totally relate. I have not taken my usual 60 mg of Cymbalta going on the 4th day now. I have headaches and feelings like I want to crawl out of my skin. A numb tingling sensation. Definitely not myself.
I dont want to go back on it just to have to go through with this all over again the next time I try to quit. I just pray it does not get worse.
I also take 10 mg of Wellbutrin each morning. The Cymbalta at night.

I have had very vivid dreams and have been tossing and turning since day 2 of being off of it.
I am seeing the doc on Friday to discuss this. I dont think she is aware of the side effects of this drug.

The bad thing is doctors prescribe antidepressants like candy. They do a world of good for some, but i just dont want to be on them forever, or go from drug to drug when one stops working

#28 bellez

bellez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want support!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:09 PM

I am having severe pain! Can anyone suggest something to treat the overall pain?

#29 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:16 PM

Hi Bellez,

Were you prescribed Cymbalta for pain in the first place, or is the pain only a result of coming off Cymbalta??

Maureen.

#30 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:34 PM

I can totally relate. I have not taken my usual 60 mg of Cymbalta going on the 4th day now. I have headaches and feelings like I want to crawl out of my skin. A numb tingling sensation. Definitely not myself.
I dont want to go back on it just to have to go through with this all over again the next time I try to quit. I just pray it does not get worse.
I also take 10 mg of Wellbutrin each morning. The Cymbalta at night.

I have had very vivid dreams and have been tossing and turning since day 2 of being off of it.
I am seeing the doc on Friday to discuss this. I dont think she is aware of the side effects of this drug.

The bad thing is doctors prescribe antidepressants like candy. They do a world of good for some, but i just dont want to be on them forever, or go from drug to drug when one stops working

NC123,
Welcome, also welcom to what we call "Cold Turkey"., and yes it's going to get worse if your like the majority of us here.
doctor's doo not know anything about the side effects or the withdrawls, we are the ones teaching them. They do not know how
to decrease this med to get us off it at all. Most of our doc's don't even think what we are telling them is from the withdrawls of
the Cymbalta.

Get the FDA report, I think it's in New's, and take that with you to see your doc, that way he will pay attention.

This is where we all learned that our brains are addicted to this drug, and witheld, the withdrawls start in pretty quick.

Here is the site I give to new people so you will know what is a withdrawl symptom during this time, it does help
http://prozactruth.com/cymbalta.htm

Wish you all the best, ask as many questions as you can think of as someone here always knows the answer around here.
If not for these people I never would have made it at all, and this far!! From 60 mg now to 22.5 mg. Never ever thought
I would see that number, and I still get a few withdrawl symptoms, but just learned how to add a few beads to get rid of
them.

Doing so much better, you can do this we will help, and support you however you choose to to this.

Debbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users