#1 mwatson

mwatson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    To share information about weaning off of cymbalta

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:28 PM

I have read a few blogs (actually a lot) that mentioned "brain zaps" as a side effect of withdrawal from Cymbalta. I researched this phenomena and found an interesting article about them. It is a story done by Fox News and actually tells the medical reasoning or science behind the brain zaps. Here is the link:

http://www.labelmesa...brain_zaps.html

I have been reading these blogs because I am thinking of coming off of cymbalta myself. Ofcourse, when I do , it will be under the direct supervision of my doctor. But, it is nice to know what other people are going through and what I can expect. When and if my doctor decides to take me off the drug, I will be sure to let you know how it goes. In the meantime, I wish you all the best. Just remember, it only gets better from here. And one more thing, DON'T STOP OR START TAKING ANY DRUG WITHOUT CONSULTING YOUR DOCTOR FIRST!!!!

Love, from ALABAMA

#2 cruser28

cruser28

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • why_joining:
    I amin a phase of withdrawing from Cymbalta. Every time my doctor increases the dose, my body gets used to it and then I start going into withdrawal with brain zaps and irritability.

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:10 PM

I take omega 3's twice a day for years and still have brain zaps. Recently my dose was doubled because my brain zaps were getting worse. I found out by accident that the liquid vitamin I was taking was flushing out the Cymbalta. I still had the brain zaps and then forgot to take my liquid vitamin with me on vacation and the brain zaps lessened. I decided to go back to my original dose with no bad side effects. Haven't told my doctor yet. I will at my next appt. I hope to get off it all together some day. I hate the dry mouth, stinky urine and short term memory crap.

good luck
cruser

#3 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:55 PM

Alabama,
Hate to be the one to tell you this, but doctors have no clue about the side effects or the
withdrawls of Cymbalta. It will be very interesting to see how he decides to decrease you
off this noxious drug.

I am so very glad that you found this place first, and have not had to go through what any
of us have had to go through. I guess the posts you read didn't convey the real misery, and
pain that all of us do go through.

Here is a site with a list of the withdrawls symptoms so you can look for yourself, and take to your doctor
http://prozactruth.com/cymbalta.htm

Also look back in some of the older posts, and you will find the FDA post, get a copy of that for your doctor
as this has just come out, and this they will read, and believe.

Just hope, and pray your not one of us, and that your doc know's what he's doing, as none of us here have been
lucky enough to find one who is. That's not to say that some of us are getting our doc's to believe us about what
we are going through.

We are always here for you!!!! So keep us posted, OK?

Debbie

#4 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:06 PM

I take omega 3's twice a day for years and still have brain zaps. Recently my dose was doubled because my brain zaps were getting worse. I found out by accident that the liquid vitamin I was taking was flushing out the Cymbalta. I still had the brain zaps and then forgot to take my liquid vitamin with me on vacation and the brain zaps lessened. I decided to go back to my original dose with no bad side effects. Haven't told my doctor yet. I will at my next appt. I hope to get off it all together some day. I hate the dry mouth, stinky urine and short term memory crap.

good luck
cruser

Hey cruser,
It's Debbie, I wondered what happened to you. I am guessing it the same cruser?
I am sure the Brain Zaps have stopped completely now that your on the full dose.

Don't feel bad about going back on that amount, or for not telling your doc. This
is so hard to do, and all any of us want is to feel normal again. Going through hell
while trying to get off this stuff is not easy on any of us.

I get so mental at times I just don't know if I can do it another day, and then it
passes. Then add life's problems, and I rreallly feel like I can't hang.

When I first got here Houdi said this would happen, I remember this at times, and at
other times I just can't seem to keep it in my concious!! Just don't give up, and the
next time your ready to try to get off this crap, just go way way slower than you did
before.

Now that I am more clear, I realize that I was going down way to fast off this stuff!
So now I am at 25 mg for 2 weeks, the longest time I have ever stayed at one dose.
I will just go down 2.5 mg this time vs the 5 mg I usually do, in a week, and once in
5 days!!!! It just was reallly hard for me to keep track of anything!!! That's scary!!!

So keep in touch, and let me know how your doing ok? Keep coming back, it's really
good to stay hooked in during all of this.

Debbie

#5 mysticcherokee

mysticcherokee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • why_joining:
    I tried to commit suicide obviously unsuccessfully, shortly beofre starting a New doctor taperd from this drug, (just jumped off) and Ive strong feelings about it.

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:32 PM

[quote="nursedeborah
Don't feel bad about going back on that amount, or for not telling your doc. This
is so hard to do, and all any of us want is to feel normal again. Going through hell
!When I first got here Houdi said this would happen, I remember this at times, and at
other times I just can't seem to keep it in my concious!! Just don't give up, and the
next time your ready to try to get off this crap, just go way way slower than you did
before.

So keep in touch, and let me know how your doing ok? Keep coming back, it's really
good to stay hooked in during all of this.

Debbie[/quote]

I hear you and agree sister friend in the wd. It sucked with or without a dr.(knuckleheads sometimes)
and I am the number 1 knucklehead, cause Im usually so careful bout this stuff. Not my best year(years on Cymbalta)2009, but hopefully my words will encourage those that can to find the best dadgum doctor they can to take em off this poison, plan there detox and do it right, or be feeling like their brain is permanently damaged, like Mrs In A Hurry here. If ONE person reds my sad tale and does a SLOW, well prepared taper, my work is satisfying for what its worth. Cant come on too much. I get the blues bout every other day, MAJOR IMPROVEMENT, but still dont even feel like( with the head pressure, and subsequent hurtful eyes) posting. Zaps are a little better. Told my pschologist they hurt and he said they cant. Well technically maybe not, but they do just the same. aint that a fine kettle of fish. Im tellin them something that is a phenomena of sorts (gotta read those links), cause ht e brain cannot feel pain, but my brain hurts and zaps to, to some degrree however small, and theyre telling me its not possible. Im thinking, FIND OUT WHY ITS NOT POSSIBLE, much like my fms and cfs, and quit telling me I donthave it, i so many unsaid words, just ignored. Shout out to Deb, Maureen, jr, barney, and tabby. Hope I didnt forget anybody sara T. too. Hugs a plenty to go round.Hope youre all as good as can be expected! Im tryin to exercise. AHHHHHHHHHH! Hang tough, you (well) get er done, Reeaaalll sllowww likkkeee is cooool. Mystic
Come On Back New Poster, well be here! Not all at once, (less were uber lucky)but well be around soon like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users