• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jasmine1999

Jasmine1999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:31 PM

To preface, in the past 15 years I've been on almost every anti-depressant (and related drug) in existence--Prozac, Luvox, Zoloft, Effexor, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Xanax, the list goes on and on. I had the best luck with Prozac, but switched 3 months ago because it didn't seem to be working as well. My psychiatrist put me on Cymbalta, and it's been a disaster since day one.

This garbage is NOT safe and should NOT be on the market.

Not only did Cymbalta do nothing for my depression, I experienced horrifying nightmares and bad night sweats. I woke up every morning drenched in my own sweat, so heavy that it soaked through to the mattress (disgusting). Last week I'd finally had enough and stopped taking Cymbalta altogether, thinking that (like Prozac and other SAFE drugs) you could do so without losing your mind. Wrong!

I'm a psychotic mess right now--ready to burst into tears, agitated, and irritable almost to the point of violence (all of which are completely uncharacteristic). The nightmares are 10 times worse, and it feels like my brain is constantly "twitching" (I don't know how else to describe it). I'm in hell.

Yes, I should have contacted my psychiatrist first, but never in a million years did I think going off a common, well-known anti-depressant would produce results like this. As someone who has been a "guinea pig" for the the pysch-phamaceutical industry for years, I've got some advice for any psychiatrist out there who may be reading this: Don't prescribe this crap to your patients. And to anyone considering taking Cymbalta? Run as fast and as far as you can.

#2 speedracer

speedracer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:43 PM

AMEN!

#3 druidfaerie

druidfaerie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

Hang in there, sweetie. I'm on day 10 and know how you feel. It's horrible. I can't tell ppl enough how much they need to stay away from this drug. I think you might want to try getting on something else to help with the symptoms of getting off this. Wellbutrin might help....If you weren't on this that long, the withdrawal shouldn't be too bad....

It will go away. Just take it day by day.

#4 phineasgage

phineasgage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:17 AM

I'm on day six and couldn't agree more. i thought I was done with the withdrawal symptoms on day 4 and now I'm experiencing the brain zaps all day long. The chronic "dizziness" if you can call it that, is making work unbearable. I'm almost scared to drive because i feel so strange. :twisted: Cymbalta :twisted: should be black labeled by the FDA now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users