#1 bellez

bellez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want support!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:43 PM

Has anyone had bloating in the stomach as well as swelling around the hip and lower back area from coming off Cymbalta? I am having a hard time fitting into my jeans and am craving sweets.

#2 bellez

bellez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want support!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:30 PM

Thank you so much for your relpy. I don't feel so alone or pumpkinish! How does your hypothalamus make you gain wait and is a side of Cymbalta withdrawl your hypothalamus becoming imbalanced?
Thanks again!

#3 Cecile

Cecile

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Zoloft for 6mon. and Cymbalta for almost 1 year. I want to get off Cymbalta the Dr. put me on it for my panic attacks wouldn't stop happening, so the Dr. put me on Zoloft I had bad!!! Side effects on Zoloft, so the Dr. switched me to Cymbalta I haven't had any bad panic attacks since I have been on the drug just maybe 2 or 3 since it's going on 1 year already, to make the long story short! I want off of this meds I have noooo feeling or emotion...only usually during my menestrual cycle and that's usually when my panic and anxiety erupts. Anyway, I want off this med's and back to the life that i use to have a fun life not having to worry when to take a pill, or if i'm gong to have a next panic attack. I only hope and pray to God. once off this drug I wont go back to myself when I had bad panic attacks! what do you think?? do you think once off this drug i will have them again?? Anyway, I want my life back basicly....... Cecile

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:58 AM

Madtabby I weaning off Cymb for a month and I gained 10 Pounds!! Now that i'm 33 days completyl off I have noticed i gained my weight soo fast in that month...now after that month is been 33 days without weaning and i have lost 5 pounds!! don't worry you will get to work out and feel better once your back to normal..Do pilaties or floor excersies...I heard those techniques burns off calories...I'm glad it's over so i could work out all that time i was eating and eating!!!! sweets!!!! everyday!!! it will go away eventually..
Best of luck, cece

#4 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:01 PM

madtabby,
I gained weight when I got on Cymbalta, and Lyrica 35 pounds!!! and I never even ate a thing!
I had no hunger pangs, so would have to force myself to eat just to stay alive.

Then when I started the decreasing I wanted nothing but sweets, plus I didn't, don't have the
energy to do anything at all, so I eat TV dinners, when I do eat. It really fouled up my entire
system.

There is no way I could have put on that weight in the 2 months I did. These drugs do something
to the metabloism. I know there are other psych drugs that pack on the pounds too!!! I used to
see my patients blow up like ballons in just a few weeks when I was working psych, now it me!

I am starting to drop the weigh now, but I am also eating horrible. I just don't have the energy,
or motivation to make myself anything, or even go to the store!

Debbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users