• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sweetchildof61

sweetchildof61

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • why_joining:
    My husband was on Cymbalta along with Ambien, and he abrublty stopped taking his Cymbalta due to side effects. I would like to find any information I can on abrublty stop taking Cymbalta and if anyone had any interactions with Cymbalta and Ambien togehter.

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:59 PM

Does anyone know of any interactions taking Cymbalta and Ambien together. Such as worsening depression, mood changes,suicidul thoughts, and knowledgable information/facts why these two drugs should not be taken together?

#2 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:23 AM

Hi Sweetchild

I wouldn't think there would be any interaction between Cymbalta and Ambien as they work on different brain chemicals. However, what you describe could well be from Cymbalta itself. Perfectly well people have been known to become suicidal on anti-depressants. It doesn't mean ALL anti-depressants will affect a person that way. It just means that the one that does is unsuitable for that person. I suggest you contact the treating DR ASAP.

Hope that helps
Junior

#3 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:36 AM

Can't add anything to what Junior's said, except that I've seen more than one person post here who's on both Cymbalta and Ambien. You may be able to find their posts with the search facility.

regards, Maureen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users