• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jlrobin6

Jlrobin6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on cymbalta 30 mgs for the last year and I want off my doc is not supportive.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:34 PM

I have been on 30 mgs of cymbalta for 1 year due to my mother passing away. Well I want to get pregnant and was told not to take it anymore so I went to my primary doctor and said that I want off so I was told to take it every other day for 2 weeks and stop. I asked if there was 20 mgs to go down to and was told no but I ended up arguing with the doc did not end well any way I did that for 2 weeks and was fine until 3 days of no cymbalta and I thought I was going to die. My head felt like it was going to pop off and sick to my stomach dizzy. called the doc and was told to start taking it again.

I have been reading the posts but am confused. How would I start with 30 mgs to break down. I bought clear empty caps to put them in. I am lucky that I have 2 refills left to wean off.

Can anyone help me with breaking it down from 3o mgs. Do all the little balls in the whole pill count out?

thanks
Jennifer

#2 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:09 PM

I have been on 30 mgs of cymbalta for 1 year due to my mother passing away. Well I want to get pregnant and was told not to take it anymore so I went to my primary doctor and said that I want off so I was told to take it every other day for 2 weeks and stop. I asked if there was 20 mgs to go down to and was told no but I ended up arguing with the doc did not end well any way I did that for 2 weeks and was fine until 3 days of no cymbalta and I thought I was going to die. My head felt like it was going to pop off and sick to my stomach dizzy. called the doc and was told to start taking it again.

I have been reading the posts but am confused. How would I start with 30 mgs to break down. I bought clear empty caps to put them in. I am lucky that I have 2 refills left to wean off.

Can anyone help me with breaking it down from 3o mgs. Do all the little balls in the whole pill count out?

thanks
Jennifer

Jennifer,
I don't know if you live in the US or not, but we do have 20 mg caps here!

Here is the breakdown of the 30 mg to 1mg for you

30 mg = 270 beads
20 mg = 180 beads
10 mg = 90 beads
5 mg = 45 beads
1 mg = 9 beads

It takes a very long time, and we are all different, but the best method is
a very slow wean, so 10% for about 2 weeks, and if your feeling ready
then do the same. Some go down to the bead to get off this stuff so as not
to have any withdrawls, or at least so they can function!

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Debbie

#3 Jlrobin6

Jlrobin6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on cymbalta 30 mgs for the last year and I want off my doc is not supportive.

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:44 PM

I do live in the US and that is what I was arguing with the doc with that they do make 20 mg caps. I will be looking for a new doc but I live in a rural town and doctors are hard to find.

thanks for the information. I know that I will have to wean slowly after this never again.

Jennifer

#4 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

Jennifer,
Remember that doc's know nothing!!! about this drug, so alll the info you
need, come here for it.

Debbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users