#1 stut

stut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    i am in some pain and wanted to know i cymbalta might be the reason for it

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:49 AM

I am new to this forum thing, but it is 530 on a sunday morning and I am in so much pain. I need to hear if this has happened to someone else. I have had some of the emotional reactions to coming off cymbalta- lots of rage, crying, etc. But in the past 2 days i feel like I have broken my tailbone! I know that is so weird, but i havent fallen, bumped it, NOTHING! I cant walk without whimpering, i cant sit- i can't sleep- i cant even lie down. This is HORRIBLE! The more i assess the situation, it feels like it is bruised severly in that area.....
In the past when i have forgotten to take a pill, my right elbow would ache - almost like tennis elbow. Now that i am off of it completely, it is doing that non-stop. I cannot count on that arm to pick things up. I KNOW that has to be related to teh cymbalta, but what about this tailbone thing? Has anyone else had something like this??? I am about to take myself to the Doc in a Box since it is sunday.........

#2 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:52 PM

stut,Welcome.How much Cymbalta were you on, how did you get off of it?So sorry that your so miserable, I can really relate to some of the things, just not the tailbone area feeeling bruised. All I can thing of is all the nerves that are coming back to life?This is one awful drug, and you must get off it by doing a very slow wean, if interested let us know it may help some of your problems!

Here to support you,
Debbie

#3 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:01 AM

Hi Stut

Welcome to the board.

Sorry, but I've never heard of the tailbone thing before. However, I've heard of people complaining off all sorts of aches and pains as they are coming off Cymbalta. One of the reasons it is prescribed is for fibromyalgia, so I imagine it somehow deadens the nerves or brain centre that controls the pain related to it. I guess this needs to come 'alive' when it is stopped so I tend to agree with Debbie. It is probably to do with the nerves regaining their feeling.

If you have any doubts, it is always best to check with your dr. We are not doctors and can only talk of our experiences.

Good luck
Junior

#4 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:19 PM

Stut,
Here is the site with all the withdralw symptoms, it talks about every area of the body,
http://prozactruth.com/cymbalta.htm

Other's get this feeling, or pain in the neck, and shoulder, hips, and even the ones with
Fibro have now come, and said it didn't even help that, but now the pain is worse.

Once you see the side effects, which for me are just about the same as I had on the drug
it really will make you wonder which is which.

Debbie

#5 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:49 PM

This is just to all,
The thing with the tailbone, someone arm not doing so great at all, and
all the other symptoms, also the pain, well I don't doubt that any of
these thing's are not withdrawl symptoms. Remember they can last 6 mo.
to 2 years, and longer.

I keep giving out the best site's with the withdrawl symptoms' for a very
ggod reason, and thatt's so when we get freaked out, all you have to do is
go back , and look, and there they will be in black, and white. It sure
helps me even today.

I was given another great one yesterday http://www.ssristories.com if that does
not work just google ssri stories, and you will find it, it's so amazing what it
tells us, and it says 1 years to get off this drug, and other's like it.

Remember everything that's going on with you does have to do with the drug, and what
it doing to your brain.It just is so confused, and is trying to get back to it's
normal functiong pre antidepressants, especaially the one's that work on both
chemicals in the brain.

Anyother info needed just let me know, or ask anyone.

You can do this, trust me if anyone like me can do this so can you.
Take control of your own life, and do the slow wean.

If you need the bead count jut ask!!!

Peace will return, all here to help yyou back you who you were prior to getting on
the medication!!!! I m all for that, and I am slowly seeig here eachday, just give it
TIME! You can do this, we are all behind you!!!

It does talk about severe bone pain, and it sounds to me like yours has centrilized in
one spot, mine was in my arm, they also dx me with Reflex Sympathy Distrophy, check it out.
Debbie

#6 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:33 PM

Hi Debbie

What's this Reflex Sympathy Dystrophy?

Junior

#7 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:36 PM

Jeepers Creepers! I just googled it. So sorry to hear of this Deb. I take it you had NONE of the symptoms before going on Cymbalta? Blah...

Junior

#8 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:37 PM

Hi,
Just found this website today and have spent the last few hours reading all the comments. What a blessing to find people i can relate to!!!! I am very interseted - I have had tremendous pain in my lower back moving all the way to hip and groin area the last 2 months. Have bee to a chiropractor for several sessions (at least 12!) with only a little improvement. Could this be related to the cymbalta???? I would NEVER have considered this. However, must add that I twisted my ankle (torn ligaments etc) about 3 months ago and so just assumed I had hurt my back in the process. The only relief I get is from painkillers. Anyway, just want to add that I am so heartend by the love, supportive nature and 'relationship' that I have seen people have displayed for each on this site. I needed this today - being off cymbalta 100% for 2 days now things are really difficult. But thank you for sharing - it helps to know I am not alone. God's Blessings.

Beverly,
Welcome! I know only tooo well what it's like to find this place!
I just was losing my mind, no had lost it when I finally got here.

I had been on Cymbalta 60 mg for 3 1/2 years, and went from being a
very active person to not being able to do anything, and I do mean
anything at all. I couldn't even get out of the house, shower, do
my dishes, ect.God it's just so awful to even think back to the hell
I was living, and I had no one to help me at all, or talk to on the
phone, so I really was insane.

This drug , I just found out did cause damage to me. I just found out
why I have been falling asleep when I wake up, then having to lay down
and wake up at 5, 6, 7:00 pm, and do this for 3-4 days at a time. The
rest of the time so tired, and anxiuos. I have a form od sleep apnea
where my brain now does not send a signal for me to take a breath in my
sleep. It only started when I got on the Cymbalta. There are other things
but won't tell all right now.

I just wanted to ask when you stopped?
How much were you on?
How long you were on it?
How did you get off of it?

This drug can not be stopped abruptly!!!!! One must come off it very slow,
in fact I was given a new web site the other day, and it said a year to come
of of this one, and a few other's.

Also this drug makes your brain addicted to it, and if one does stop cold turkey,
or come off to fast will have brutal withdrawl symptoms. For some they start right
away, but I see more that they really get bad around the 6 th day or so.

Well keep us posted, glad you found us,

Debbie

#9 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:08 PM

Jeepers Creepers! I just googled it. So sorry to hear of this Deb. I take it you had NONE of the symptoms before going on Cymbalta? Blah...

Junior

Hi Junior,
Long time no see. I can't believe all the thing's I have found out lately.
No I didn't have it before the Cymbalta, or the "Sleep Apnea" either!!!!!

The thing with the sleep apnea was, I kept falling asleep when I would first
wake up, and have to lay down. I then would sleep for a few days, and after
about the 3 rd day I would come out of it. This is why I have been so tired,
and couldn't do anything at all.

I thought it was all just due to depression, that I was really gone over the
edge as I felt so insane. All the times I told my doctor's about my not being
able to function, shower, cook, clean, shop. They would either give me another
drug, or just tell me it was due to this or that.

I knew something was wrong, but could not get anyone to listen to me, I just gave
up. Then one day I went to see my doc, and said I had, had enough, that there was
something wrong with me, and wanted something DONE. He order's a sleep study, and
so off I go.

They hook me all up I fall asleep, and in they come with this gadget to put in my nose.
Back to sleep, and in they come to take that off, and put one on me that covers my
mouth, and nose. They still had to keep coming in during the night, and would look at
the mask,, and it was on me, but they just kept coming back in to check on it. I didn't
think anything of it at the time.

So I finally had to call the office, and tell the girl to call the place I had the study
done as it had been way over the time I was told I would get the results. I also told
her I wanted her to call me back. She did, and then said he was not in, but would give him
the results. The girls that work for him have no medical knowledge at all. So she calls me
the next day, and says he want's to see me a soon as possible, and give me an appt. a week
away.

Well I raised hell when I got there, the staff alll got reemed. I then am told that I have
this form of sleep apnea where the brain does not send the signal for me to take a breath
in my sleep. That is why they had to keep coming back in even when I had the mask on!
I also don't take a breath 140 times during the night, high is 60-80! Then I do have some
obstruction, but not enough to warrant concern. This is due to the Cymbalta. Never did any
of this prior to my taking this drug!!!

So now waiting for my insurance to approve the CPAP. My God I can't wait to get the machine.
So many of my symptoms have been due to this disorder. I really did some heavy research, and
was blown away what this does to a person. What's so funny is I was a respiratory nurse for
many years, but I didn't think anything like a nurse about what was going on with me, but the
doctor should of thought about my symptoms. I am still just trying to forgive him, I have had
enough anger, and hate over the past 4 years +.

Wow! Didn't mean to dump all of this on you, I am grateful that I did find the cause, and a
way to fix it.

I am really concerened about this drug, and people that have taken it for a long time, and what
it might have done to them as far as permanate damage. This is really frightening as hell!
Then I think about the one's who want to get pregnant on this, and I really fear for the featus.
I have been seeing that so many women are having miscarriages while on this drug, and I even
wonder why one would get pregnat on them. I only know they still say here in the US, take
nothing, maybe a Tylenol.

Ok, I know your busy, hope all is well with you, I am down to 30 beads, and staying put.

Love,
Debbie

#10 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:02 PM

Hi Debbie

Dump away. That's what this forum is for. :)

One thing I've learned about drs over the years is that you have to push. You have to ask questions. And you don't have to believe everything they say. They have medical degrees but many lack plain old common sense. LOL!! Besides, they are not gods. They DO try to help but they don't know everything.

Having said that, a good dr will admit that he/ she doesn't know the answer to your question..and do something about it. Like refer you to someone who can help.

Jason has a great paediatrician who has helped us a lot over the years..but when the time came to put Jason on an a/d, he asked 'what works for you' [meaning me]. I said I'm on Aropax (Paxil) but I don't want him on that. I knew that Prozac was the only one approved for use in the Under 18s.. so we went with that. Bottom line...drs don't know everything. And really, a paed isn't a psychiatrist and, now that I think about it, can't be expected to know about psychotropic drugs. Hmm....

OK now I'M rambling :D

Oh.. while I'm thinking about it.. I know of a couple of people who have had back pain during and after withdrawal. Also a couple who have been diagnosed with sleep apnoea. http://www.paxilprog...orums/index.php I am one of the fortunate ones. The few probs I had a few months ago are a drop in the ocean compared to what people like you have had to go through. Hang in there! You are doing well :)

Junior

#11 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:45 PM

Hi Debbie

Dump away. That's what this forum is for. :)

One thing I've learned about drs over the years is that you have to push. You have to ask questions. And you don't have to believe everything they say. They have medical degrees but many lack plain old common sense. LOL!! Besides, they are not gods. They DO try to help but they don't know everything.

Having said that, a good dr will admit that he/ she doesn't know the answer to your question..and do something about it. Like refer you to someone who can help.

Jason has a great paediatrician who has helped us a lot over the years..but when the time came to put Jason on an a/d, he asked 'what works for you' [meaning me]. I said I'm on Aropax (Paxil) but I don't want him on that. I knew that Prozac was the only one approved for use in the Under 18s.. so we went with that. Bottom line...drs don't know everything. And really, a paed isn't a psychiatrist and, now that I think about it, can't be expected to know about psychotropic drugs. Hmm....

OK now I'M rambling :D

Oh.. while I'm thinking about it.. I know of a couple of people who have had back pain during and after withdrawal. Also a couple who have been diagnosed with sleep apnoea. http://www.paxilprog...orums/index.php I am one of the fortunate ones. The few probs I had a few months ago are a drop in the ocean compared to what people like you have had to go through. Hang in there! You are doing well :)

Junior

Junior,
I couldn't find this thread!! Anyway thanks for letting me know that you
have heard of other's getting sleep apnea, and having severe back pain.

I know I had a surgery,but what I am going through is just living hell.
I was just tellling someone yesterday that I no longer can tell my issues
from my symptoms of withdrawls, or the sleep apnea!

Still no machine! Calling today, and being pushy as hell.

My bird just dies too, so very upset about it, willl have to have friends
burry for me as I have no dirt around my home!

Debbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users