• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Able

Able

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    Severe vertigo I fear may be caused by Cymbalta withdrawal.

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:02 PM

So here is my story. I had H1N1, and was in bed/off work for a week, during which I ran out of Cymbalta. I had been wanting to get off of it. Previously I had reduced from 40mg to 20mg cold turkey and it was fine. So I was on 20mg, and went off it cold turkey while I was sick, as I had already been into the doctor for Tamiflu, etc., and couldn't handle going in again while I was so sick. I was fine for 2 weeks--no withdrawal symptoms at all. Then last Friday I woke up with very severe vertigo. It has not gone away or decreased, and Meclizine has not helped. I went to the ER yesterday, and they were very concerned, and wanted to do a lumbar puncture, brain MRI, etc., all of which I refused. They didn't think it had anything to do with the Cymbalta, because I was fine for 2 weeks, and then suddenly got this vertigo. Now, I am out of Cymbalta, and am trying to figure out if this vertigo may be connected, and don't want to try to talk to my doc to renew my prescription, etc., as it's all just one big mess.

Has anyone else had this break between stopping and getting vertigo? If you think that - despite my 2 week break between stopping and getting the vertigo - that this is from the Cymbalta, what should I do? I am desperate. This vertigo is absolutely debilitating, and I am afraid I will not be able to fly to see my family for Thanksgiving now. Help!!

#2 batzz20

batzz20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    sick as a dog,,,need help

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:47 PM

Same here
Had to leave ER today after waiting 3 hours and still not seen. Was so sick couldnt sit up and er staff was no help
May try again tomorrow butnnot sure
will get an emwegency partial refill tomorrow morning.........should i take it?
vertigo started 6 days after last pill.........help with info is really needed
with thanks
marie

#3 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:29 PM

Hi Marie,

are you sure it's vertigo (BPPV) or might it be severe dizzyness. It makes a big difference.

Maureen.

p.s. I've answered the other post on a different thread. You may find it useful to read that.

#4 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 26 November 2009 - 05:52 PM

Withdrawls do not always come right away. For some it takes 6-9 days before they hit.
Remember we are all different.

Alll of both what you saying sounds like withdrawls from the Cymbalta, sorry. The tests
would not have shown anything I don't think, but who know, it might have!! This drug is
strating to show other symptoms with people lately that had not heard of before.

Here is a great site to learn about vertigo, also remember it can be a symptom of other
things, like your blood pressue dropping will make you feel the same way too.

withdrawl symptoms http://www.procaztru...om/cymbalta.htm

http://www.emedicine.../article_em.htm

Good luck, I still get it too now and then, but it's not all the time now.
Depends on how you come off this stuff too.

Debbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users