4 replies to this topic

#1 redhead

redhead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:53 AM

Hi everyone,

Well nearly 4 weeks off cymbalta and things are going well. Few down days but got through them and sleeping so much better as well. I remember reading that you dont reach REM sleep when on Cym so it makes sense that I am sleeping so sound now. Few bad dreams some nights but upping my Fish oil and it helps..... Some days I feel a bit anxious for a while but it passes and I keep positive.

Best of luck to you all and taper slowly!!!!!! Thanks for all your support and I'll keep posting here with updates....

Redhead

#2 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:01 PM

Hi everyone,

Well nearly 4 weeks off cymbalta and things are going well. Few down days but got through them and sleeping so much better as well. I remember reading that you dont reach REM sleep when on Cym so it makes sense that I am sleeping so sound now. Few bad dreams some nights but upping my Fish oil and it helps..... Some days I feel a bit anxious for a while but it passes and I keep positive.

Best of luck to you all and taper slowly!!!!!! Thanks for all your support and I'll keep posting here with updates....

Redhead

Redhead,
So happy to hear all the ggod news. I am still having more bad than good now that
I have gotten to 20 mg. It just has sucked since then.
I look back and think I was doing much better at a higher does.

Just so much anxiety, and so very tired. I just hate what this has done to me.

Debbie

#3 groovydoll51

groovydoll51

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am having a very difficult time getting off cymbalta.

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:16 PM

What does the fish oil do and how does it help??

#4 redhead

redhead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:46 AM

GroovyDoll,

Well fish oil contains Omega 3 and 6 usually-try to get a good brand-Fish oil helps with your brain and lots of things-incl your joints but it is always mentioned as helping with Depression. As our brains are going thru tough time with withdrawals-we need all the help we can get.

Try it and see some other posts about the dosage.

Personally I take Fish oil, evening primrose (for PMs), multi vitamin and Vit B12 (low levels of Vit B12 causes depression- mine was really low when got Depression first and then had to go for some shots of it to try to get levels raised to normal)

Debbie,

Hope you are ok, know its really hard-how long are you at 20mgs? If you feel you need to stay there or even increase again for a while-then dont feel guilty about it coz there is no major hurry. Personally I think November is hard time of year to come off Anti D's as the weather is so horrible and evenings so dark etc so dont beat yourself up-Remember Divine Timing for everything..... Keep in touch

Redhead
Hope this helps

#5 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:50 PM

Redhead,
I have been thinking the samething about going back up.
Also this time of year really sucks to be doing anything for
me, I always have had a hard time, add this, and it's worse.

Thanks so much for the kind words, and support.

Debbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users