• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 drphilistine

drphilistine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on 30 mg cymbalta for over a year, have not had a good night's sleep since. Time to get off the stuff!

FYI - try using Captcha to deter spammers. I use the addition problem option as it does not require fetching images off a 3rd party server somewhere (which may or may not be secure and/or always up). I do some web development as part of my work.

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:23 PM

It's been 2 weeks since I stopped cymbalta cold. The brain zaps are back to the level they were at when I was on cymbalta. But I'm sleeping better and my appetite is under control again. Indigestion lingering but almost gone. The only supplement that helps is the Omega (I use Ultimate Omega just to cover the range).

I'm actually starting to feel human again! :) Sleeping well for the first time in almost two years.

Oh yeah, the Sleepytime Tea helps as well. It's not gourmet fare but does help, and it's not messing with my head.

#2 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:36 PM

It's been 2 weeks since I stopped cymbalta cold. The brain zaps are back to the level they were at when I was on cymbalta. But I'm sleeping better and my appetite is under control again. Indigestion lingering but almost gone. The only supplement that helps is the Omega (I use Ultimate Omega just to cover the range).

I'm actually starting to feel human again! :) Sleeping well for the first time in almost two years.

Oh yeah, the Sleepytime Tea helps as well. It's not gourmet fare but does help, and it's not messing with my head.

Well it looks like we have to winner's here right now! Lets celebrate!

Debbie

#3 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:40 PM

Great to read that you went cold turkey. I did too; I was taking 60m I felt giddy for 12 hours one of the first three days that I stopped but that was it. I stayed off for 4 1/2 months and then decided to go back on. The Doc and I decided for me to try 30 mg and that seems to be working for now or I should say has been working for 6 months.

ethicalgirl,
Sorry to hear that your back on this drug. Why did you go through the withdrawls, cold turkey too,
only to go back on it again???

Debbie

#4 Drybananna

Drybananna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • why_joining:
    Feeling hopeless from Cymbalta withdrawal. :(

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:22 AM

Man, this is great to hear. Im so happy for you. Keep us informed, please! My doctor told me the first 2 weeks were going to be the hardest.

I wish you the best, pleaseplease keep me informed! : )

#5 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:20 PM

Man, this is great to hear. Im so happy for you. Keep us informed, please! My doctor told me the first 2 weeks were going to be the hardest.

I wish you the best, pleaseplease keep me informed! : )

Drybananna,
Please don't fall into these kind's of hopeful stories as they are usually not as good as they
sound, and we find them back here wanting to do the method we use here. I is so awful what your going through so when someone writes something like this is gets your hopes up, then only to have them smashed to the ground. We have also just had people come here, and make things up. So
always go by what is working for you, and never changing some fly by night solution. If in fact
it was a cure I am sure after all the work that has been done trying to find a way to come up with getting off of this it would have already been found!

The ine that works is the slow waening process, and the slower the better.

Also I hope you saw my post that said no permanante damage after we are all done, not to our brains,or our bodies Whooipe!!

Debbie

#6 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:31 AM

Great to read that you went cold turkey. I did too; I was taking 60m I felt giddy for 12 hours one of the first three days that I stopped but that was it. I stayed off for 4 1/2 months and then decided to go back on. The Doc and I decided for me to try 30 mg and that seems to be working for now or I should say has been working for 6 months.

Cymbalta would appear to be one of the worst anti-depressants in terms of the number of people who suffer unacceptable levels of withdrawal symptoms. But there are obviously those who don't suffer, and if you're one of those good luck with taking it again if it wasn't a problem getting off it.

Good to hear that you're o.k. on a lower dose than previously.

regards, Maureen.

#7 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:26 PM

If it did what it did before, why do you think it will be any different this time?
Also sometimes it takes awhile for it to really do the damage.

Debbie :)

#8 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:02 PM

If it did what it did before, why do you think it will be any different this time?
Also sometimes it takes awhile for it to really do the damage.

Debbie :)

Debbie

All she said was that when she came off it she felt dizzy for about 12 hours. We know nothing of how things were when she went on it. I know it's hard to imagine but this drug DOES work for some.

Cheers
Junior

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users