• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 QueenTimely

QueenTimely

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationItaly, at present. Australia, usually. New York, originally!
  • why_joining:
    I am currently on Cymbalta after many years of other drugs including Zoloft, Wellbutrin and Effexor. I had a terrible experience coming off of Effexor that resulted only in my going back on, then changing to Cymbalta. I feel, at this point, that the drugs are causing as many problems as the initial depression did, and am looking at the possibility of coming off but am living this year in rural Italy and need some real support in considering this possibility and its consequences.

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:37 AM

On the advice of my new doctor, I have dropped from 60mg to 30mg overnight. I'm taking carcinosinum and phosphorus to compelent the lower dose. I will see how this goes. If it does not go well, I will backtrack and start on Nurse Debbie's approach. I'm not sure why I feel the need to try this. I do believe Debbie's approach is a reliable one. But I wanted to report this first step, so I'm not taking it alone. Please wish me luck.

#2 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:07 PM

On the advice of my new doctor, I have dropped from 60mg to 30mg overnight. I'm taking carcinosinum and phosphorus to compelent the lower dose. I will see how this goes. If it does not go well, I will backtrack and start on Nurse Debbie's approach. I'm not sure why I feel the need to try this. I do believe Debbie's approach is a reliable one. But I wanted to report this first step, so I'm not taking it alone. Please wish me luck.

Queen,
Oh how I wish you luck!!! I will be praying for you. I just know the beast we are
dealing with.

Just don't go too long before you decide it's not for you. Never allow yourself to
suffer, as we do not have to do so at all. If I can find a way that stopped all the
withdrawls, and anxiety, fear, oh there was just so very much that was unbearable,
and have such a hughe change in me, then I know it works for anyone.

As long as I have been here I have been the only one that nothing was helping, I was
not going to let this stupid drug win, so I just took what I already knew, and made
it even a slower wean.

Everyone is in such a hurry to get off this crap, I used to be the same way, now it's just
no big deal, I just keep taking my meds in the am, and try to keep positive, and my mind on other
things. It is just a goal, not a race.

Good fantastic luck Queen,

Debbie :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users