5 replies to this topic

#1 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 26 December 2009 - 03:26 PM

Hi,
Just curious how or who came up with using Prozac just when ever?
That makes no sense to me at all, and just seems that it is more
a mind thing.

Taking a dose of Prozac oneday would not do anything, that was never
the intention of taking it in the first place.

Debbie

#2 bcgirl45

bcgirl45

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • why_joining:
    Quit klonopin cold turkey about 40 days ago. Cymbalta weaning and looking for info to get this OUT!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:54 AM

Hi Nurse Deborah, there is a great site http//hubpages.com/hub/weaning-off-cymbalta-what-the-doctors-dont-tell-you. Written by BYEE. She also used prozac temporarily and had success (though she used it over a longer time frame, a month) It worked for her with a docter's guidance. She was my inspiration. And e-mailed me back last month, sharing her success, even though she went through the ordeal some time ago. There is a little information on the forums www.cymbaltasurvivors.com using prozac JUST TEMPORARILY because of it's longer half life. So there are websites showing it is used for only a few days, only a month. Again, it may not work for everybody, but it is working for some. And "I'm sharing" from very recent experience. God Bless, Tracy aka-bcgirl45

#3 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:43 PM

Hi Nurse Deborah, there is a great site http//hubpages.com/hub/weaning-off-cymbalta-what-the-doctors-dont-tell-you. Written by BYEE. She also used prozac temporarily and had success (though she used it over a longer time frame, a month) It worked for her with a docter's guidance. She was my inspiration. And e-mailed me back last month, sharing her success, even though she went through the ordeal some time ago. There is a little information on the forums www.cymbaltasurvivors.com using prozac JUST TEMPORARILY because of it's longer half life. So there are websites showing it is used for only a few days, only a month. Again, it may not work for everybody, but it is working for some. And "I'm sharing" from very recent experience. God Bless, Tracy aka-bcgirl45

I still don't think that just taking Prozac here and there does
anything.
I have been doing this a very long time, on the Prozac daily, also
just the medical end, the drug does not work that way.

I totally am grateful it works for you, but I also have not seen
any of the other people back her that did do it that way?

Really worries me about where they are, and if they are of. This
is a cunning, baffling drug, and one never knows what to expect.

I have done awful for most of my weaning which started Aug. 31,09
and that's adding everything I have been told about.

I was on this crap for 3 1/2 years so it just might have something
to do with that. I was not even able to talk hardly when I got here
this drug almost destroyed me for good. I just do not want new
people coming here and think they can pop a Prozac here and there
and everything will be just fine.

I want all the neww people to get it like I did.

Good Luck,
Debbie :unsure:

#4 Steve

Steve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • why_joining:
    To help me get off Cymbalta?

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:40 PM

Debbie,

I agree with what you're saying about the whole 'take a Prozac whenever you feel you need it' attitude, it does go against how these drugs are supposed to work, but I think you're too hard on Prozac simply because it didn't work for you. From the testimonials I've seen on this website, it seems like the whole switching to Prozac method does have quite a significant amount of success behind it (myself included I wont deny). Perhaps it's only helpful to those who have not been on it for such a long period of time, so that your body doesn't so strongly notice the difference between the two meds? That may actually make sense; the more you're exposed to something, the more you notice the subtle differences between it and something similar. So in this case, after 3.5 years, your body is so tuned to the exact chemical composition and effect of Cymbalta that anything else is unacceptable, or at least not as effective, whereas for me only being on Cymbalta for 6 months (after switching around meds and doses A LOT before that), the difference is not so noticeable to my body as it would be for yours.

That was just open thought processes. Knowing me, I'm probably way off, though I do think you're too quick to dismiss the Prozac route. I do agree that a person shouldn't be taking Prozac irregularly for sporadic symptoms.

Just my opinion, it really wasn't anything personal, I'm just adding my opinion and thoughts on the matter.

Oh and bcgirl45, it's good to hear that it worked for you, regardless of your methods, it's always good to hear that another person managed to get off this stuff.

-Steve

#5 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:16 PM

Steve - how did your trip go?

Did you need to take any prozac while you were away?

cheers, Maureen.

#6 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:09 PM

Debbie,

I agree with what you're saying about the whole 'take a Prozac whenever you feel you need it' attitude, it does go against how these drugs are supposed to work, but I think you're too hard on Prozac simply because it didn't work for you. From the testimonials I've seen on this website, it seems like the whole switching to Prozac method does have quite a significant amount of success behind it (myself included I wont deny). Perhaps it's only helpful to those who have not been on it for such a long period of time, so that your body doesn't so strongly notice the difference between the two meds? That may actually make sense; the more you're exposed to something, the more you notice the subtle differences between it and something similar. So in this case, after 3.5 years, your body is so tuned to the exact chemical composition and effect of Cymbalta that anything else is unacceptable, or at least not as effective, whereas for me only being on Cymbalta for 6 months (after switching around meds and doses A LOT before that), the difference is not so noticeable to my body as it would be for yours.

That was just open thought processes. Knowing me, I'm probably way off, though I do think you're too quick to dismiss the Prozac route. I do agree that a person shouldn't be taking Prozac irregularly for sporadic symptoms.

Steve,
No it did help me, it just took a bit longer, and I am not against Prozac at all. I am only saying
"Who ever came up with take one Prozac" for the withdrawls, and your done? That's what I have seen
here.
Heck no, and even if it works for someone that way, I still don't think one dose of Prozac was what
fixed it all.

That's all I was trying to point out. Hell I had to take it, I had such awful withdrawl symptoms I was
ready to die!

Doing better, way better since you have been gone, down to 150 beads!
Take care,
Debbbie

Just my opinion, it really wasn't anything personal, I'm just adding my opinion and thoughts on the matter.

Oh and bcgirl45, it's good to hear that it worked for you, regardless of your methods, it's always good to hear that another person managed to get off this stuff.

-Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users