2 replies to this topic

#1 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:08 PM

Hi,
I was on the pnone last night talking to a lady who I was told had depression.
Anyway I was telling her about Cymbalta, what it did to me while I was on it,
and how I am have to slowly wean off of it.

I even started gettting lost when I was telling her about the bead counting, and
felt like I must have sounded like a schizo to her. All of a sudden all these
horrible feelings came over me, and anxiety. I thought what the hell has this
drug done to us, Hell no one would believe us, no wonder doctor's just blow
everyone off.

God I still can feel the feeling of being just insane as I had the words coming
out of my mouth. I do it here , and don't think anything about it, I am with
other like me.

Somehow I just want to get this to where other can hear what is going on, read
all that's hear, and get the word out. This is just WRONG that we have had this
done to us.

For all of you that didn't have it hard be so grateful, because that's not what
happened to everyone, or still happening.

Debbie

#2 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:11 PM

Debbie -
I don't know if this helps, but I often need to remind myself of a Buddhist instruction I am learning about in my mindfulness practice. It goes something like: of the two, be the first. What does that mean? I think it means: we always hear the other person's position, either because they tell it to us, or because they don't have to -- it's already in our minds. But we have to stick with ourselves. It doesn't mean we are always right-- not at all. It just means that we have to be home for ourselves, to know who we are, to make our own decisions and our own mistakes, and to be true to ourselves.

I probably should have started by telling you how incredibly much I identify -- how crazy I have felt so many times. And there's nothing like depression, compounded by these bizarre drugs, and then, for me, add menopause, to really muck up your mind.

Your bead counting has worked for you. That's it. You found a solution to a problem in your life, and a problem in mine -- I'll probably be trying it soon. Be proud that you have helped so many. And you don't even know what impact you had on her. Anyway, thanks for sharing. Be kind to yourself.

Queen,
I just now saw this, and oh how it was meant just for me to get it now.
I have always wanted to become a Budist,, but neve did so, lazy.

I love what you said to me, and will copy it down so I can remember it!

Have to answer the door,
Debbie

#3 cmonk

cmonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPottsboro,TX
  • why_joining:
    I am in the process of be weaned off cymbalta.

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:22 AM

Queen,
I just now saw this, and oh how it was meant just for me to get it now.
I have always wanted to become a Budist,, but neve did so, lazy.

I love what you said to me, and will copy it down so I can remember it!

Have to answer the door,
Debbie

Debbie,
I was wondering where you had gone off to.......You and the others have helped me so much and for that I thank you!!!I know how you feel. I try to tell my family and friends what I am going through and I feel like they think I am crazy. Maybe I am just a little ...lol We will all be off this crap and will get better it just takes a little time. By the way I am down to 5mg and just the other day I started taking 1 bead out so today I will take 42 beads so far so good. I still cry every night around 9pm. I am sick but not sure if it just a cold or from lowering my dose. How are you doing? :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users