#1 svaughn

svaughn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning off cymbalta

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:09 PM

HI. I cannot find time released capsules around here, just regular capsules. I have tons of 60mg samples the dr. gave me. SO...Could i empty the contents from those capsules and use them when i am dividing up my 20mg?
I was on 60, dr. took me to 40 for 2weeks then 20 for 2weeks and then 20 every other day for a week. IT has been hell since then. went back to see him and he said go back tom 20 and we will wean slower..like take for 2 days and skip day and such. Well it seems most on here say skipping is bad and i shoud try opening capsule to get to smaller dose. Can i use the empty 60capsule to do so. I mean the only difference in the 20 and 60 capsule is size...its not gonna hurt or mess me up worse is it?? advice
thanks
shannon

#2 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:19 AM

HI. I cannot find time released capsules around here, just regular capsules. I have tons of 60mg samples the dr. gave me. SO...Could i empty the contents from those capsules and use them when i am dividing up my 20mg?
I was on 60, dr. took me to 40 for 2weeks then 20 for 2weeks and then 20 every other day for a week. IT has been hell since then. went back to see him and he said go back tom 20 and we will wean slower..like take for 2 days and skip day and such. Well it seems most on here say skipping is bad and i shoud try opening capsule to get to smaller dose. Can i use the empty 60capsule to do so. I mean the only difference in the 20 and 60 capsule is size...its not gonna hurt or mess me up worse is it?? advice
thanks
shannon

Hi Shannon,

it's not slow release capsules you're looking for, it's empty gelatine capsules.

The Cymbalta capsules themselves are NOT slow release (despite what anyone else may have told you - what they mean is that it's a slow release DRUG). All the gelatine capsules do (whether they're cymbalta ones or not) is get them to your stomach in undamaged condition.

You can use any empty capsules you can get your hands on. Initially I used cheap paracetamol ones, ditching the paracetamol, but they were really hard to pull apart, and they were opaque.

One of the benefits of the empty, clear gelatine ones is that it's very easy to divide a 60mg into (eg)15g. I would firstly divide 60 into two 30s, then each of those in half. Sounds fiddly, but at that dose much faster than counting beads AND you have four days of doses ready.

Try searching for 'empty gelatin/e capsules' on a large health food / chemist website. I'm in Australia so not much help on that front, sorry.

You're right, the only difference between 20mg caps and 60mg caps is that 20mg contains 180 beads and 60mg contains 540, approx.

regards, Maureen.

#3 svaughn

svaughn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning off cymbalta

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:57 AM

thanks i appreciate it. i will do that. i dividided my 20's today but used the empty cymbalta caps. from my 60mg samples ai had from a long time ago.

#4 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:26 PM

Shannon,
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you!
I did leave you a message a few minutes ago.

Did the doctor tell you that information?
They really don't know anything about this
drug I am telling you.

Thank God for this place!

Talk to you later,
Debbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users