#1 medwardsmumah

medwardsmumah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal!

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:59 AM

I have/am successfully on week 2 w/out Cymbalta, but it's been a b**ch - to put it mildy! Tried going of the med a few times in the past but when the withdrawals got bad I went back on thinking I would wait for a less complicated time in my life to experience all the fabulous side effects... I finally decided that if I wait for that to happen I will be old & gray and on Cymbalta still!! I have (thus far) stuck it out. The "brain zaps, extreme dizziness/vertigo, nausea, irritability, agitation, brief spells of laughing mania, chills, emotional/teary spurts, ridiculous and vivid nightmares, skull pain located on the back left of my head... are all very real. The most interesting part is #1 - trying to continue w/ daily functions like all is well!!! and #2 - maybe explain this to someone so you don't feel alone...(good luck with that one)... you feel like you sound "crazy" but I did finally mention it to my Sister that I was experiencing "some physical" side effects, without going into detail of course... (I am not married, have a significant other somewhat but we only see each other about twice a week for a few hours so I have been pretty much alone through this.) Regardless, I just wanted to mention that I tried a Benadryl last night before bed, I did have the "zaps" while drifting off, but don't recall any nightmares for the first time in 2 weeks! :( There is a light at the end off the tunnel, and depending on your belief's the power of prayer is helpful too! Good luck!!!!!!!! Thank you for this site!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users