• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:39 PM

Hi Shana

You are right. The only modern a/d that I know of that has been approved use in the under 18 age group is Prozac. Sorry this has happened to you :(

But there is light at the end of the tunnel. You CAN get off this drug. You just have to do it slowly. Cold Turkey is the WORST way to go. You didn't say what dose you were on but the usual recommendation is to drop 10% at a time then wait 3-6 weeks until the withdrawal effects stop. This may mean opening the capsule to remove beads. If you decide you want to try doing this, someone else will need to explain what bead count equals what dose as I didnt' come off C that way.

Let us know what you want to do. We are here to help :)
Junior

#2 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:22 PM

Cymbalta is the worst medicine to take for anxiety or depression! I am 17 years old and my doctor put me on it when I was 15, I want off of it so bad but when I try to stop taking it I get the worst sideaffects!!! I get brain zaps, sick at my stomach, I get really mean and I can't speek right I also can't go in the sunlight because it hurts my eyes! The thing is your not even supposed to be on it until you are eighteen, they should not give this to people without letting them know what will happen if they ever want to stop taking it!

Snana,
I just can't begin to tell you as a nurse for one how angry this makes me
that you frigging doctor put you on this crap.

As for getting off od it, what I have learned here is to just take 10 beads
out every 2 weeks. If this is toooo intense, you can just reduce by 5 beads
every 2 weeks. Also Prozac 20 mg daily does help with the withdrawl symptoms!

I would think about finding another doctor to keep giving you you medication
yet you must remember they know nothing about this drug, how to take anyone off
of it, and will uses all kinds of stupid methods.

Here is a great site to look at for the withdrawls, for me I had many of these
on the drug.

http://www.prozac.com/cymbalta.htm

If you need any help just let me know!

Debbie :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users