• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:30 PM

Hi Abby

You didn't say how long you've been taking to do the wean or what your dosage drops are so it's hard to know how to guide you. However, if you are still feeling withdrawal effects now, I would say stay on your current dose until you stabilise - feel no effects. If you find you can't stabilise on that dose, you may even need to increase the dose.

As much as we all want this poison out of our system, it is not a race and there is nothing to be gained by doing it too quickly. As for the wellbutrin, I've heard many people say that it really doesn't achieve anything. In fact, I would think it would hamper your success since it is another drug.

I can explain a bit more about what is happening to you if you would like to know, but the bottom line is that it can take a long time for the brain to return to its pre-medication way of functioning. Even after the drus is no longer in your system. That is why it is better to wean very slowly; it gives you a better quality of life throughout the process.

Kind regards
Junior

#2 QueenTimely

QueenTimely

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationItaly, at present. Australia, usually. New York, originally!
  • why_joining:
    I am currently on Cymbalta after many years of other drugs including Zoloft, Wellbutrin and Effexor. I had a terrible experience coming off of Effexor that resulted only in my going back on, then changing to Cymbalta. I feel, at this point, that the drugs are causing as many problems as the initial depression did, and am looking at the possibility of coming off but am living this year in rural Italy and need some real support in considering this possibility and its consequences.

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:11 PM

The best advice I have: don't rush. It's worth doing it right. My withdrawal is, so far, being eased with carcinosinum and phosphorous, prescribed by my doctor/ homeopath. The solution might be different for you. Breath. Reduce very slowly. Some people have found Prozac to be helpful.

#3 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:27 PM

Abby,
you say you were on 60 mg, and now are at 10 mg.
I was on the same dose for 3 1/2 , and then
started my weaning process Aug 30,09, and I am now
finall after almost 6 months down to 4 mg.

Did you weaning processs go anything like this?

One is only to reduce by 10 beads every 2 weeks,
or even less, and wait longer until all the with
drawls have gone, then do another decrease, knowing
you will have slight withdrawls in about 6 days, but
they do pass quickly, and are not as intense.

I still have the clangging in my head, dizziness,
walking into things, also did the Prozac 20 mg daily
as I needed all the help I could get.

If you need any help, let me know.

Debbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users