#1 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:53 PM

It's just my recommendation, but my doctor said you should never break the pill apart and start taking separate beads out of it. I agree - this isn't an aspirin - it effects the absorption rate which can really mess with your body.

I took 5 weeks of getting off of it and I have had extremely minimal withdrawal symptoms. Took 30 mg a day for 8 months. Here's what I did (from my doc):

For 2 weeks: Day 1: take in AM, Day 2: take in PM, Day 3: Skip, repeat entire cycle
For 2 weeks: Every other day
Last week: take Monday and Thursday
Then Stop

I've only had dizziness (manageable) and one night of sweats.

Hope this can help you

Glad to hear you're now off, and that you didn't have too many problems. Unfortunately people like yourself, who probably wouldn't have had too many problems whichever method you tried, lead doctors to believe that those of us who can't tolerate their method, are over reacting.

Sorry, but your doctor is wrong.

The gelatine capsule which contains the beads is NOT slow release - it dissolves in a matter of seconds in your stomach, releasing all hundreds of beads into your stomach in less than a minute. SOME doctors just ape what the drug company tells them.

Those of us who've successfully tapered with negligible problems by opening and dividing the contents into other capsules are only doing what compounding chemists would be doing when making up smaller doses.

regards, Maureen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users