Photo

Herbal substitutes to help with weaning?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 QueenTimely

QueenTimely

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationItaly, at present. Australia, usually. New York, originally!
  • why_joining:
    I am currently on Cymbalta after many years of other drugs including Zoloft, Wellbutrin and Effexor. I had a terrible experience coming off of Effexor that resulted only in my going back on, then changing to Cymbalta. I feel, at this point, that the drugs are causing as many problems as the initial depression did, and am looking at the possibility of coming off but am living this year in rural Italy and need some real support in considering this possibility and its consequences.

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:54 AM

I've been prescribed some homeopathic remedies - carcinosinum and phosphorous and I think they're helping a lot, although I still have intestinal spasms and diarrhea. It's not perfect, but I think it's helping. But with homeopathics, it's really best to get a homeopath to diagnose the precise right remedy for you.

#2 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:21 PM

I'm also taking supplements. Mine are prescribed by a naturopath.

Fish Oil is said to be very good but also seems to need to be taken in high doses. Other than that, it seems to be trial and error. I've heard that many people can't take Vitamin B but that magnesium is very good.

Good luck
Junior

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users