• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:33 AM

Hi Dan and Dana

Dan, I'm sorry you had such a hard time of things. Rest assured you are not the only one. I've met a few people online who have had the same experience as you, with different a/ds, AND when doing a slow wean. I have no doubt your experience would have been better if you'd been told to do a slow wean but you know, even now, Drs are telling people to take one 'every other day' which just does NOT work.

As far as still being in recovery, as I said, many people are like you. You might find this site helpful if you would like to talk to some of them http://www.paxilprog...display.php?f=7

I'm glad things have improved for you and I really hope you make a full recovery - in time.

Dana, are you still taking Cymbalta or have you stopped? Did you wean or go cold turkey? It might be worth going back on a lower dose and weaning more slowly. We can help with a weaning schedule if you are interested.

Regards
Junior

#2 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:25 PM

Hi Dan

Have you seen this site? http://www.prozactru...om/cymbalta.htm It lists all the withdrawal effects.

Cheers
Junior

PS - I also cold turkeyed from 60mg and would defo NOT recommend it. I was forced to go back onto my original a/d - paxil - in order to stabilise.

#3 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:20 PM

checked out site junior, thats outragous. And it looks like that was in 2005!!!! I went through all this in 2006 and dr.'s said nothing about it, and it looks like in 2010 dr's still dont really know. This stuff makes me sick. People trying to get better, to function better are put on things that hurt them more than our symptoms do. Then all the sudden screwed with a withdrawal that probably makes opiate withdrawl look like fun. I just wish i was a lawyer or something and could try to stop this crap.

You're not the first who has said that!!

What concerns me is the way Drs are handing out psychotropic medication like lollies. I even heard of one person who was put on it for GRIEF, ffs. Grief is a normal, natural process and one needs to actually go through it in order to heal. What sort of idiotic Dr puts someone on an a/d for that?

The other thing is that because they are not listening, when people complain of withdrawal symptoms Drs take it that they are relapsing, so they either up the dose or switch them to something else. All that achieves is to mess up a person even more.

They will wake up eventually... and have a LOT of 'undoing' to do. There is a place for these drugs - as a sufferer of depression (5 times in my life) I can attest to that - but they are being far too widely prescribed, and for all the wrong reasons.

Rant over :D
Junior

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users