• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 QueenTimely

QueenTimely

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationItaly, at present. Australia, usually. New York, originally!
  • why_joining:
    I am currently on Cymbalta after many years of other drugs including Zoloft, Wellbutrin and Effexor. I had a terrible experience coming off of Effexor that resulted only in my going back on, then changing to Cymbalta. I feel, at this point, that the drugs are causing as many problems as the initial depression did, and am looking at the possibility of coming off but am living this year in rural Italy and need some real support in considering this possibility and its consequences.

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:46 AM

Hi folks -
I'm taking 20 mg a day, having weaned down from 60 over the past four months. I've decided not to reduce further at the moment because I'm dealing with a few stressful situations and I think it's best to stabilise for a while where I am. But I must say I'm not feeling great. The diarrhea is a bit better, but I'm feeling "derealised," and still anxious. And I'm losing confidence that I'm doing the right thing. I don't know if I'm a) depressed b)experiencing the old side effects of the slug drug or c) experiencing withdrawal. Or all three. To be honest, I feel like I can't remember anymore if I'm feeling better now, or if I felt better before. I'm also very tired from getting home late last night. Any thoughts, please?

#2 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:40 PM

Hi folks -
I'm taking 20 mg a day, having weaned down from 60 over the past four months. I've decided not to reduce further at the moment because I'm dealing with a few stressful situations and I think it's best to stabilise for a while where I am. But I must say I'm not feeling great. The diarrhea is a bit better, but I'm feeling "derealised," and still anxious. And I'm losing confidence that I'm doing the right thing. I don't know if I'm a) depressed b)experiencing the old side effects of the slug drug or c) experiencing withdrawal. Or all three. To be honest, I feel like I can't remember anymore if I'm feeling better now, or if I felt better before. I'm also very tired from getting home late last night. Any thoughts, please?

Hard to know what to suggest, except to say that I felt like that at stages, too, and wondered if I should go faster, slower, stay at the same dose.

Fortunately the only depression I had was when I first took 15mg per day, after trying 30mg alternate days (causing lots of problems). After a week back up to 20mg I felt much better, and didn't have a recurrence of depression for a couple of months.

Are you eating well and getting some exercise. I'm not going to suggest they're a cure-all, but they can help incrementally. Or put another way, poor food, alcohol and no exercise will make you feel lower than you might otherwise.

regards, Maureen.

#3 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:10 PM

Hi Queen

It sounds likely that the 10mg drops you've done monthly - averaging it out - have been too much. Or it might just be that now you've got to a lower dose, your body doesn't want to give it up. Many people have said that it's the lower doses that cause them the most probs in wdl. Even my naturopath has said that! Weird eh?

I guess you have two options:
1. Stay at 20mg until you stabilise, or
2. Updose, stabilise, then try weaning even more slowly.

Best of luck
Junior

#4 QueenTimely

QueenTimely

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationItaly, at present. Australia, usually. New York, originally!
  • why_joining:
    I am currently on Cymbalta after many years of other drugs including Zoloft, Wellbutrin and Effexor. I had a terrible experience coming off of Effexor that resulted only in my going back on, then changing to Cymbalta. I feel, at this point, that the drugs are causing as many problems as the initial depression did, and am looking at the possibility of coming off but am living this year in rural Italy and need some real support in considering this possibility and its consequences.

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:44 AM

Thanks, guys. I think I'll:

- stick with 20mg
- get more exercise
- drink more water
- up my homeopathics.

Now can you tell me why I'm not getting my emails from this site anymore?

#5 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:51 AM

Now can you tell me why I'm not getting my emails from this site anymore?

No? :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users