#1 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:14 PM

After hearing the horror stories of people withdrawing off this drug, I think I want to stop before I get too hooked on it.

I've taken three 60mg tablets over three days. Can I simply stop without the need for tapering given its only been three days? Will I experience many side effects coming off cold turkey?

Hard to say; people can certainly suffer withdrawal effects after only a few weeks. The thing with Cymbalta, though, is that if you DO suffer symptoms, you can take (say) 30mg and you will feel better fairly quickly, then keep reducing the dose.

Some people can come off Cymbalta without too much difficulty - you might be one. Have to confess after just three days I'd be tempted to just stop.

regards, Maureen.

#2 AuntEmmy

AuntEmmy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am trying to withdraw from Cymbalta after approx. a year on it. I am miserable currently and hoping to find some answers on how to cope with this toxin in my system.

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:25 PM

Hard to say; people can certainly suffer withdrawal effects after only a few weeks. The thing with Cymbalta, though, is that if you DO suffer symptoms, you can take (say) 30mg and you will feel better fairly quickly, then keep reducing the dose.

Some people can come off Cymbalta without too much difficulty - you might be one. Have to confess after just three days I'd be tempted to just stop.

regards, Maureen.

I am inclined to go with Maureen on this...give it a try and if you have these crazy side effects like the rest of us, then go back on 30mg and keep going smaller. I hadn't been on it very long either, but am experiencing the toxic results of getting off it: Dizziness, brain buzzing (which I had no idea what that meant until I felt it), feeling like I am in menopause due to the hot flashes (I am only 30), and not having any energy. Good luck in whatever direction you choose to go.

Emily

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users