• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:52 AM

Hi Debbie

Unfortunately insomnia is a common a/d withdrawal symptom. It was one of my biggest actually. I was forced to go back on 40mg of Paxil and seek help from a naturopath to help me with my insomnia. Since then I've weaned from 40-20mg of Paxil and still have sleep disturbances with each drop.

Not sure what to advise. Maybe updose and stabilise before weaning more slowly?

Junior

#2 happygirl

happygirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • why_joining:
    Started weaning off Cymbalta 60mg today to 30mg. Appreciate the support and insight into weaning that this site supplies.

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:01 PM

Hello, Its going on 1 AM. and I'm still awake. I've only gotten about 3 to 4 hours of sleep each night for the last several days. I was wondering if anyone thouht it was part of withdrawl? When I first began to wean down, I noticed I did not have to nap in the afternoon anymore. It was a common occurance for me to sleep way most of the day. I would subsequently sleep at night too.
I had been taking 60 mg for several years. This week I had another reduction and am now taking about 25 mgs. And now this sleeplessness has started. I'm also tired in the day but cannot sleep if I lay down for a nap. Whats going on? Do you think it will resolve itself? Even my ocassional Melatonin isnt helping.

I also have been experiencing body aches and misc. pains. Tension in my shoulders and general irritability. Besides the head snaps I know these are typical effects of withdrawl. I would love to lay down and get a good 10 hours of sleep. Oh the sweet mistress of sleep.. But my eyes are pealed and after laying there tossing and maybe drifting off for a minute i get up exhausted again.

I hope this is temporary. Sorry about my spelling. I'm too sleepy to proof.

Hi Debbie,
I noticed while weaning down from 60 to 30 I was getting pretty good sleep and could even nap during the day. That all changed when I went completely off of C from 11mg to zero. I find I get sleepy only to go to bed and my mind wanders. Sometimes I don't know if I am actually dreaming or my mind is wandering. Weird huh? But, I took something to help last night, clonazepam 0.5mg. I did sleep but it did not help with the brain zaps too much today. I want to try exercising to see if that will help with sleeping at night. If you have not cut out caffeine intake, look at that and definitely cut it off by early afternoon. If I find anything else that helps me, I will let you know.
Hang in there,
Happygirl

#3 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:26 PM

Hi Debbie,
I noticed while weaning down from 60 to 30 I was getting pretty good sleep and could even nap during the day. That all changed when I went completely off of C from 11mg to zero. I find I get sleepy only to go to bed and my mind wanders. Sometimes I don't know if I am actually dreaming or my mind is wandering. Weird huh? But, I took something to help last night, clonazepam 0.5mg. I did sleep but it did not help with the brain zaps too much today. I want to try exercising to see if that will help with sleeping at night. If you have not cut out caffeine intake, look at that and definitely cut it off by early afternoon. If I find anything else that helps me, I will let you know.
Hang in there,
Happygirl

Hi Happygirl,

Given you tried dropping comletely at 11mg I thought I'd share what happened to me when I tried to stop at 10mg.

It was the first day, so the zaps and all of the other nice little things that happen I was yet to experience, but I had a busy work day (I'm self employed) and i think I can honestly say it was the most useless day I've ever spent working.

I put a piece of paper down, spend ten minutes looking for it. Go to make a phone call, can't remember who I've run. Go out in the car, forget my handbag. Get to my warehouse, haven't got the paperwork. Back to the office, pick up the paperwork, put it down somewhere, can't find it. Spend a full 10 mins looking for it. Find I've actually put it straight in the car so I don't leave without it. And on and on.....

It was bizarre. I almost had to think thoughts out loud in order to make them 'stick'.

Reluctantly I went back on to Cymbalta and then went down 1mg at a time.

regards, Maureen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users