• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 help4m3

help4m3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:50 AM

Hello im new to this too, i am only 15 as well...i had had an infection like this before to vyvanse, except my doctor over-prescribed me on wayyyy too many meds. My parents started to worry because every appointment we would walk in and he would have no clue what meds i had been on and how old i was. i dont have a spouse to lean on and my parents are hard at understanding. I was put on cymbalta only on january 19! and i am stopping it...i cant take it...my chest compresses and my body feels like crap. i have threatened suicide and for this to be going on is ridiculous. For the FDA to not give a crap about what this drug is doing is absurd. We need to get a petition going or something. I told m parents i wanted to sue my doctor for making me go through this. I have no friends, i cant hang out, i play sports and now i cant because i feel so bad. ALL I WANT TO DO IS DIE! it is so frustrating!!!

do people really get over this?? because i dont find that alot of people do get over it....i am toying with the idea of taking this medication and weening off REALLLLY REALLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY slowly, but i doubt this will help. i am in so much pain i hate it. i want this medication to be banished and never prescribed again. if anyone has any advice whaat so ever PLEASE PLEASE SEND IT! MY EMAIL IS AVAILABLE! i would appreciate it greatly.
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

thanks
help4m3

:x :x :x

#2 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:50 PM

I'm sorry that you find yourself where you are today, but I'm glad you found your way here.

Are your parents dissatisfied with your doctor too? Have you all discussed finding a new doctor? It may be good for your parents to read some of the posts on this site to help them understand what the effects of Cymbalta, and withdrawal can be. You really don't want to do this by yourself, and need the help of a qualified doctor to do it.

You can get off of this medicine if that is what you and your parents decide to do, and the safest, most effective way to do it, is to taper very, very slowly. It is a drawn out process, but the key is to do it with as little discomfort as possible. Sarah J has posted several ideas here, so you should look at those too. She went over 40 days and finally needed to have medical help, and is feeling so much better in doing so.

You have to remember that Cymbalta has altered your brain chemistry, so there are a lot of unpleasant effects when the drug is removed. You sound like you have done some other research as well, so I'm sure that you know that people under 25 are more sensitive to it's effects. Please, don't do this alone. Talk to your parents, or perhaps another adult or school counselor that can point you in the right direction.

I hope this helps some, and please feel free to continue to post questions to the rest of us.

#3 lucy

lucy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:24 PM

YES, WE ARE ALL HERE FOR YOU.
MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU, BECAUSE YOU SEEM TO HAVE REASONS FOR REACHING OUT TO US AND NOT YOUR PARENTS OR DOCTOR.
I HAVE A 14 ALMOST 15 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER, SO I UNDERSTAND. A LOT OF US DO.
IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR LOOSING YOUR MIND, DON'T BE HARD ON YOURSELF, ITS THE DRUG WITHDRAWLS AND UNFORTUNATELY, AS I'M LEARNING ITS A PART OF THE PROCESS.
IF YOU POST AND NO ONE RESPONDS, KEEP ON CHECKING IN AND OUT LIKE MYSELF, IT COULD BE VERY NAUTIOUS TYPING FOR TOO LONG.
WELL SEE, AS I POSTED IN MY POST REACHING OUT TO YOU, WHAT OTHERS SUGGEST AS FAR AS A PHONE LINE IS CONCERNED. YOU, ME AND OTHERS I'M SURE CAN USE AN EAR AT TIMES.
THE SUGGESTION ON TELLING YOUR PARENTS ABOUT THIS BLOG IS A VERY GOOD IDEA. YOU MAY THINK THAT THEY ARE TOO BUSY OR THAT THEY WON'T HEAR YOU OUT, BUT TRY ANYWAY OR TELL YOUR SCHOOL COUNSELOR ABOUT THIS BLOG AND THEN THEY COULD REACH OUT TO YOUR PARENTS. UNFORTUNATELY, WE AS PARENTS SOMETIMES "DON'T" LISTEN TO OUR KIDS. I WON'T DENY THAT.
PLEASE RIGHT A LINE OR TWO "JUST" TO LET US KNOW THAT YOUR OKAY!
WE CARE!!!!!!!!!! :o
SINCERELY, LUCY

#4 Laurie

Laurie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:56 PM

This is very concerning, since the FDA has not approved the use of Cymbalta in anyone under the age of 18! :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users