• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 really nervous

really nervous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    I've been on antidepressants too long, including cymbalta, I want to be drug free

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:30 PM

I've been taking cymbalta at 120mg for almost two years. I didn't know there were withdrawal symptoms, (I'd been on various antidepressants for 17 years), and about 3 weeks ago I stopped cymbalta because the doctor was switching me to Pristiq. The Pristiq dosage hasn't been working and I've been anxious and feel like my body is made out of lead! I've also had an upset stomach. It got me to thinking and I decided to go online and see about antidepressants in general. I've decided after reading all these blogs that it's time to get off of them, especially cymbalta. I have to go back to the doctor to discuss, but now I'm extremely nervous about his knowing about how to get me off of cymbalta. How can I get his attention to do this right? Is it possible to get off without all the horrible symptoms I've been reading about on the blog? I must admit I am really scared right now.

#2 QueenTimely

QueenTimely

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationItaly, at present. Australia, usually. New York, originally!
  • why_joining:
    I am currently on Cymbalta after many years of other drugs including Zoloft, Wellbutrin and Effexor. I had a terrible experience coming off of Effexor that resulted only in my going back on, then changing to Cymbalta. I feel, at this point, that the drugs are causing as many problems as the initial depression did, and am looking at the possibility of coming off but am living this year in rural Italy and need some real support in considering this possibility and its consequences.

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:34 AM

Sorry no one's responded to your post until now. I hope you're ok and know the feeling.

First, I need to say that I don't know exactly what to say because there's this Pristiq involved that I know nothing about.
Second, Cymbalta is not necessarily bad in and of itself.
What I can say is that you say "3 weeks ago I stopped cymbalta" and that scares me because you were on 120 mg and it's taken me more than six months to wean properly off of 60! What you're experiencing could be Cymbalta withdrawal and not Pristiq at all.

Having admitted that I know nothing about your particular situation, I would say that doing both of those things at once muddles everything up. What I recommend is that you talk to your doctor immediately and let her/him know about what this and many other websites say about weaning off of Cymbalta. Tell him/her how you are feeling physically and ask for a reassessment of the plan. The anxiety I've experienced coming off a simiilar drug to Cymbalta was terrible, and the same with this one when I've gone too fast. Good luck and keep us posted.

I've been taking cymbalta at 120mg for almost two years. I didn't know there were withdrawal symptoms, (I'd been on various antidepressants for 17 years), and about 3 weeks ago I stopped cymbalta because the doctor was switching me to Pristiq. The Pristiq dosage hasn't been working and I've been anxious and feel like my body is made out of lead! I've also had an upset stomach. It got me to thinking and I decided to go online and see about antidepressants in general. I've decided after reading all these blogs that it's time to get off of them, especially cymbalta. I have to go back to the doctor to discuss, but now I'm extremely nervous about his knowing about how to get me off of cymbalta. How can I get his attention to do this right? Is it possible to get off without all the horrible symptoms I've been reading about on the blog? I must admit I am really scared right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users