2 replies to this topic

#1 Antonia

Antonia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • why_joining:
    Longtime cymbalta user going through bad withdrawls and finding support here has helped.

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:17 AM

Hello, I have been on Cymbalta for 5 years. I originally was put on it after the birth of my last child due to severe anxiety, and chronic neck pain from a car accident. It was horrible to start, I felt floaty and dizzy and couldnt sleep at all!! I literally went 6 days without any sleep at all before I was told I needed Lunesta to retrain my body. I wanted to have another baby so I called my doctor and requested a withdrawl plan. I was told to stop taking my 60mg and take 30mg for 7 days, and then take 30mg every other day for 7 days and I would be fine. My last pill was two weeks ago, and I am in agony. I have severe migrains, nausea, stomache cramping, neck pain, joint pain, irratability, mood swings, hours of "blankness", fogginess, severe dizziness, brain pains, insomnia, severe nightsweats (which I had for the past 5 years). This has been horribly painfull and stressfull. I will literally end my day not knowing how my day was spent. I will drive somewhere, and have no idea why I drove there. It ws so bad a few days ago, that after grocery shopping while my meds were being filled at the local grocery store, I payed for my meds, chatted with the pharmacist, gathered my daughter and was on my way home when I was pulled over by a police officer because I didnt pay for my groceries. I had to drive back, pay for them and then go to the police station and recieve a citation. I even fell asleep in the police waiting room with my daughter while they were verifying my identity. I had no ability to feel anything other thatn off balance and foggy and exhausted. It wasnt until two days later, that I felt shock and embarassment and anger at how I could lose control over my brain and body so badly that I could be that unaware of goinggs on and driving with my child. This is a horrible horrible drug. Sure it helped while I was on it, but I suffered horrible soaking wet night sweats, and insomnia, and lack of motivation for anything the whole time I was on it. Now I do'nt remember anything I have done, where I park, where my keys are, where my phone is even if I am talking on it. this is just ridiculous. I am snapping at my daughters, my husband, my friends. Everyone thinks that when the pills stop, things should be normal, but its not, and I dont understand. How much longer will this go on??? My migrain headaches are daily and not lessening. Is anyone else experiencing symptoms like this, will it end soon?

#2 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:45 AM

Hello, I have been on Cymbalta for 5 years. I originally was put on it after the birth of my last child due to severe anxiety, and chronic neck pain from a car accident. It was horrible to start, I felt floaty and dizzy and couldnt sleep at all!! I literally went 6 days without any sleep at all before I was told I needed Lunesta to retrain my body. I wanted to have another baby so I called my doctor and requested a withdrawl plan. I was told to stop taking my 60mg and take 30mg for 7 days, and then take 30mg every other day for 7 days and I would be fine. My last pill was two weeks ago, and I am in agony. I have severe migrains, nausea, stomache cramping, neck pain, joint pain, irratability, mood swings, hours of "blankness", fogginess, severe dizziness, brain pains, insomnia, severe nightsweats (which I had for the past 5 years). This has been horribly painfull and stressfull. I will literally end my day not knowing how my day was spent. I will drive somewhere, and have no idea why I drove there. It ws so bad a few days ago, that after grocery shopping while my meds were being filled at the local grocery store, I payed for my meds, chatted with the pharmacist, gathered my daughter and was on my way home when I was pulled over by a police officer because I didnt pay for my groceries. I had to drive back, pay for them and then go to the police station and recieve a citation. I even fell asleep in the police waiting room with my daughter while they were verifying my identity. I had no ability to feel anything other thatn off balance and foggy and exhausted. It wasnt until two days later, that I felt shock and embarassment and anger at how I could lose control over my brain and body so badly that I could be that unaware of goinggs on and driving with my child. This is a horrible horrible drug. Sure it helped while I was on it, but I suffered horrible soaking wet night sweats, and insomnia, and lack of motivation for anything the whole time I was on it. Now I do'nt remember anything I have done, where I park, where my keys are, where my phone is even if I am talking on it. this is just ridiculous. I am snapping at my daughters, my husband, my friends. Everyone thinks that when the pills stop, things should be normal, but its not, and I dont understand. How much longer will this go on??? My migrain headaches are daily and not lessening. Is anyone else experiencing symptoms like this, will it end soon?

Hi Antonia

Sorry for the slow response. I was away last week and have been very busy at work this week.

What you describe is classic symptoms of a weaning schedule that was too fast. Too many idiotic doctors just refuse to accept that it takes time for our brains to return to their pre-med state and that their weaning systems just don't work.

I am hoping that your symptoms have eased since you posted but if they haven't, I would recommend going back on a low dose of Cymbalta and waiting a few days / a week to stabilise before weaning again. Your symptoms are a result of your neurochemistry being thrown into chaos due to the fast wean (not your fault).

If things have improved then just hang in there. It WILL get better

Kind regards
Junior

#3 Jazzy

Jazzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am starting to wean off Cymbalta after 10+ years.
    I came here to learn how.
    I'm going to do the Hokey Pokey
    and turn myself around. 😊

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

Antonia,

I was on 60 mg a day and had been on some kind of anti depressant for 10+ years.  When I asked my doctor for help getting off, she said take a pill every other day for two weeks then stop and "we'll see how you feel."    You don't have to have MD after your name to know that is too fast!  Why don't some doctors have common sense?      I am on Day 2 of removing 10 beads a day for a week, then I'll remove 20 beads for a week, etc.   Sounds slow and steady to me.  And I'm taking the recommended supplements this group suggests, which are B-Complex, L-Theanine (Suntheanine), flax seed oil for the Omega 3's, Biotin, Vitamin C, and a multi-vitamin.

Maybe if you take the supplements and start removing 5-10 beads a day and go slower, maybe you won't have all those terrible side affects.  I'm so sorry you have to deal with that.  That's terrible. 

Hugs,

Diane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users