No replies to this topic

#1 Antonia

Antonia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • why_joining:
    Longtime cymbalta user going through bad withdrawls and finding support here has helped.

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:20 AM

Hello, I have been on Cymbalta for 5 years. I originally was put on it after the birth of my last child due to severe anxiety, and chronic neck pain from a car accident. It was horrible to start, I felt floaty and dizzy and couldnt sleep at all!! I literally went 6 days without any sleep at all before I was told I needed Lunesta to retrain my body. I wanted to have another baby so I called my doctor and requested a withdrawl plan. I was told to stop taking my 60mg and take 30mg for 7 days, and then take 30mg every other day for 7 days and I would be fine. My last pill was two weeks ago, and I am in agony. I have severe migrains, nausea, stomache cramping, neck pain, joint pain, irratability, mood swings, hours of "blankness", fogginess, severe dizziness, brain pains, insomnia, severe nightsweats (which I had for the past 5 years). This has been horribly painfull and stressfull. I will literally end my day not knowing how my day was spent. I will drive somewhere, and have no idea why I drove there. It ws so bad a few days ago, that after grocery shopping while my meds were being filled at the local grocery store, I payed for my meds, chatted with the pharmacist, gathered my daughter and was on my way home when I was pulled over by a police officer because I didnt pay for my groceries. I had to drive back, pay for them and then go to the police station and recieve a citation. I even fell asleep in the police waiting room with my daughter while they were verifying my identity. I had no ability to feel anything other thatn off balance and foggy and exhausted. It wasnt until two days later, that I felt shock and embarassment and anger at how I could lose control over my brain and body so badly that I could be that unaware of goinggs on and driving with my child. This is a horrible horrible drug. Sure it helped while I was on it, but I suffered horrible soaking wet night sweats, and insomnia, and lack of motivation for anything the whole time I was on it. Now I do'nt remember anything I have done, where I park, where my keys are, where my phone is even if I am talking on it. this is just ridiculous. I am snapping at my daughters, my husband, my friends. Everyone thinks that when the pills stop, things should be normal, but its not, and I dont understand. How much longer will this go on??? My migrain headaches are daily and not lessening. Is anyone else experiencing symptoms like this, will it end soon?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users