• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 superanabanana

superanabanana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:04 PM

So, new symptom I have noticed. On top of being hungry allllllll the time, now I've noticed that I am always thirsty. I can't quench my thirst no matter how much freaking water I drink. My head is starting to hurt but its not bad. Also, every once in a while I'll breath in and smell this weird smell and feel like I'm going to puke. I don't know what that is or if anyone else has had that problem. I feel like my withdrawal symptoms are a lot different than a lot of the people on here. :?:

#2 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:54 PM

4 days off - it sounds like your body is clearing out. Read in your other post that your parents are really helping you. That is wonderful, I hope that they also are reading this site along with you so they might be able to understand some of what you might be going through.

Well, we all get really different symptoms. Some people can't sleep when they come off of Cymbalta. I couldn't sleep enough! Hunger some days, headaches, things smelling different. Then not wanting to eat. I think many of us have similar symptoms, I was lucky enough to only have a couple of zaps.

It is a very individual experience, do not expect for your withdrawal to be like somebody elses.

Hang tight, be strong, hope for the best. Wishing you better days, really quickly.

Remember, some people can come off of this stuff in a few days with a minimal of "symptoms" and I hope you are one of them.

#3 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:19 PM

I go through some periods of being thirsty, but I take other meds that can cause this too, plus, if you are hungry a lot, are you eating salty foods? That could be part of it too.

Try drinking gatorade to replace electolytes, and OJ for the potassium, both of which are good for you too.

#4 wabschall

wabschall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:43 PM

I was wondering why I am starving ALL THE TIME :roll: AND THIRSTY. I thought it was just me. I use to have to remind myself to eat on a daily basis; I was always like that. NOW I can't get enough food. I'm praying this, along with the other symptoms will go away. It is the "mean mood" and anxiety I want to go away. Having my brain "come back" without zapping, the sweats to go away and depression would be nice too. :twisted: I know it's just the withdrawals, but is there ANYONE out there that has gone back to their normal selves?

#5 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:12 PM

I'm a little closer every day to what I think was my old self, but I've been on anits for about 5 years. The zapping is lessening, and the sweats have all but stopped. I've also noticed that my constant hunger is starting to diminish too. This is day 16 at zero for me. Each of us is going to come through this in our own way, but I hope this gives you some hope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users