• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 River Gal

River Gal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • why_joining:
    After one year on cymbalta at 60 mg, I want to try to wean off again (after trying before and "failing.") The first wean, I was put on 30 mg for two weeks, and then told to stop. It was horrible. The withdrawl was evil. After withdrawls ended, after another month, I relapsed again (panicky, nervous), and was put back on Cymbalta again. I have been on it for over a year now, and was told by my Psych I have to be on drugs forever since I "failed twice". I don't buy it. I am going to see a new doctor and want to talk about weaning very s l o w l y, plus practice a depression-fighting diet, vitamins, etc. etc. I'm not sure if I can do this alone - I guess this is why I'm here. Looking for people with similar experiences who can relate, who UNDERSTAND Cymbalta withdrawl, and who have been through it before.

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:47 PM

Would you mind sharing with us how long you've been off completely?

#2 River Gal

River Gal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • why_joining:
    After one year on cymbalta at 60 mg, I want to try to wean off again (after trying before and "failing.") The first wean, I was put on 30 mg for two weeks, and then told to stop. It was horrible. The withdrawl was evil. After withdrawls ended, after another month, I relapsed again (panicky, nervous), and was put back on Cymbalta again. I have been on it for over a year now, and was told by my Psych I have to be on drugs forever since I "failed twice". I don't buy it. I am going to see a new doctor and want to talk about weaning very s l o w l y, plus practice a depression-fighting diet, vitamins, etc. etc. I'm not sure if I can do this alone - I guess this is why I'm here. Looking for people with similar experiences who can relate, who UNDERSTAND Cymbalta withdrawl, and who have been through it before.

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:46 AM

I was on the drug for two years and have now been off it for two weeks.

Thank you! I ask because after going off it a couple of years ago(quickly), after being off Cymbalta completely for about a month, I started having terrible anxiety and many of the symptoms all over again. I'm trying again now to taper very, very, very slowly this time. Good luck to you, and wish me luck!

#3 River Gal

River Gal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:55 PM

Eric,

Wondering how you are doing being completely off Cymbalta. How is it going?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users