#1 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:20 PM

Just a great big THANK YOU for all of your accounts and advice about getting off this drug! When I started the drug six years ago I read a few comments online that talked about how hard it was to get off Cymbalta. Unfortunately, I thought they were exagerations or isolated cases. Boy was I wrong. I have now or have had darn near every symptom I'm reading about on this sight. Most recently my Doc told me I could stop the Cymbalta (I had already reduced to 30mg a day)and take a different med at night to help with sleeplessness due to cronic pain "it shouldn't be a problem". The pharmacist said the same thing. I had the dizzy, brain zap, movement and buzzing issues before when I ran out the meds so I was nervous. My doc said he NEVER heard of anyone having trouble getting off of Cymbalta. I've been really sick for almost two weeks and I thought it was the flue or the impending "change of life" because of the hot flashes and sweating. My stomach is in constent pain and I'm dry heaving or gagging several times a day. I've never posted anything online before but I now realize just how important it is to communicate with others on these issues. I'm going back on my once a day until I feel better and will drop my dose slowely from there. I'm getting off this one way or another! Thanks again to everyone for helping me to realize I'm not crazy and it's not in my head. I'm sick and there is a reason why!

Keep in touch and let us know how you're going.

regards, Maureen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users