#1 nowhereman

nowhereman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am a bipolar depressive.

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:23 PM

I have been taking Cymbalta for three and a half years as part of my drug therapy for bipolar depression. It was exactly a year ago today when I passed out on the sidewalk while walking my dog. I woke up 2 days later in a hospital having just come out of a coma caused by diabetes 2. I had no history of diabetes and the doctor thiought I had been a walking time bomb. The first adverse symptom I had affected my eyesight. I was able to get medical insurance through the city and its quality was comprehensive and very good. Due to my arrested eyesight, it took me until the end of October for my eyesight to get back to normal with a new eyeglass prescription. To this day, I have not found work and moved to another city and have to pay for my mesications out of pocket. Cymbalta is prohibitively expensive and I simply cannot afford it. Since January of 2010, I have reduced my daily dosage from 90 mg per day to 60 mg. To date, I have had no noticeable side effects or withdrawl. Next week, I plan on reducing my daily dose to 30 mg per day for 2 weeks and then the same dose every other day hoping to be off it all together in 6 weeks. My question is this: Has anybody on this forum weaned themselves effectively from Cymbalta in a similar manner?

manfromgotham

#2 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:17 PM

I have been taking Cymbalta for three and a half years as part of my drug therapy for bipolar depression. It was exactly a year ago today when I passed out on the sidewalk while walking my dog. I woke up 2 days later in a hospital having just come out of a coma caused by diabetes 2. I had no history of diabetes and the doctor thiought I had been a walking time bomb. The first adverse symptom I had affected my eyesight. I was able to get medical insurance through the city and its quality was comprehensive and very good. Due to my arrested eyesight, it took me until the end of October for my eyesight to get back to normal with a new eyeglass prescription. To this day, I have not found work and moved to another city and have to pay for my mesications out of pocket. Cymbalta is prohibitively expensive and I simply cannot afford it. Since January of 2010, I have reduced my daily dosage from 90 mg per day to 60 mg. To date, I have had no noticeable side effects or withdrawl. Next week, I plan on reducing my daily dose to 30 mg per day for 2 weeks and then the same dose every other day hoping to be off it all together in 6 weeks. My question is this: Has anybody on this forum weaned themselves effectively from Cymbalta in a similar manner?

manfromgotham

If you have a read through lots of posts you'll find many people have tried and failed at the alternate days method.

many also find it not too difficult to get down to 30mg but then need to wean slowly from there.

Again, if you read through lots of posts, the information of how to go about this is there in spades.

regards, Maureen.

#3 nowhereman

nowhereman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:34 PM

If you have a read through lots of posts you'll find many people have tried and failed at the alternate days method.

many also find it not too difficult to get down to 30mg but then need to wean slowly from there.

Again, if you read through lots of posts, the information of how to go about this is there in spades.

regards, Maureen.

#4 nowhereman

nowhereman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:43 PM

Thank you Maureen. I have read through the postings and it seems that I am on the right track; at least for now. Will keep you posted.

manfromgotham

#5 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:28 AM

manfromgotham

You didn´t have diabetes prior to taking cymbalta????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users